Kids Say the Darndest Things

Medyo notorious yung toddler ko with bellies.

One time, kasabay namin yung either landlord/dad/lover nung kapitbahay namin sa elevator pababa. He was wearing a tight polo tucked in his pants. He’s got a bit of a pot belly so my son poked his belly and said: “Badoo!!!” (that’s how he calls his dad na may big belly din) The guy just laughed and said in Mandarin, “Ay oo nga naman, medyo malaki na tiyan ko! Hahaha!”

Recently naman, during the second day na pumasok si yaya after restrictions were lifted and outsiders were allowed in our complex (we still had to register her as someone na laging papasok in our household just to be on the safe side), my son rubbed her belly naman. Na-conscious tuloy si yaya kasi she gained weight during the strict lockdown period.

9 Likes

Last year lang a day before the wedding celeb of @sk8rgirl -

Me: So tomorrow punta tayo sa wedding ni tita sk8rgirl so we can meet her husband. And then tito @titantantan will be there with his wife so you can meet tita too. Then tayong dalawa, ako lang may kasama na kid. Ikaw kasama ko.

Daughter: Kase mommy di kayo married ni daddy. (Nabali leeg ko paglingon kase we never talked about it, we kept the “daddy works far away” line for years)

Me: huh? What made you think that?

Daughter: Cos you don’t wear wedding ring and daddy doesn’t live here with us.

So bigla kameng nagusap ng masinsinan ng anak ko. Right after I called her dad, explained the situation and then they talked over the phone. :sigh: smart kid.

16 Likes

<Ako, habang may kinakain na bawal for kids (di ko maalala kung ano), toddler pa si daughter>

Anak: Nay, ano yan?
Ako: Wala.
Anak: Masarap ba, Nay?
Ako: Hindi
Anak: Penge.

Lagi ko ‘to jino-joke sa kanya at hindi sya natatawa :hihi:

8 Likes

Ginagawa ko rin ito sa anak ko, dahil may peanut allergy siya, I will just say may peanut yung food. He will blurt out, in dramatic fashion “it’s not fair!” Nakakatawang, nakakalungkot, lalo na kung kare-kare yung food.

Kanina naman, dahil bago pa lang siya na potty train, I usually accompany him inside the toilet. Aba bigla ba naman ako sabihan ng, “dad get out, I need some alone time!”

:smash:

12 Likes

Naglilinis ako ng office kanina. My middle child was helping me out while their Dad’s working on the computer. May napulot akong mini-SD card sa carpet.

Me: “Trash na ba ito?” I asked my husband.
@Whims: “Hindi, kelangan ko pa yan.” sabay lagay niya sa ibabaw ng printer
Me: “Well, if it’s important don’t just put it on there, you know the kids can just get to it and misplace it again.”

I turned to Arabella (age 5) and saw her beaming with smile, and commented, “Mommy, you’re smart… sometimes.”

8 Likes

I bought a ukulele a few weeks ago and Alek gets so fascinated when I play. Earlier today, he said, “Nanay, you’re so cool playing the guitar.” I was so proud.

Five minutes later, he then said, “Nanay, just play the guitar, don’t sing. Your voice is noisy.” :disappointed:

14 Likes

From the Old Peyups Forum

Raiagurl wrote:

Nung magsusukat ako ng damit, may batang lalake (anak ng babaeng susunod sa pila ng dressing room) na gustong sumama sa akin sa loob ng dressing room.

NANAY: Anak! Mamya pa ang turn natin. Hayaan mo muna si ate (ako ito) na magbihis.

BATA: Eh mami, gusto kong tingnan magbihis si ate.

AKO: Ay! Bakit naman?

BATA: Kasi titignan ko kung may balahibo yung pekpek mo gaya nang kay mami… (sabay tawa tapos karipas ng takbo nung kukuritin na ng nanay niya)

Pilyong bata! kawawa ang ina. Sobrang nakakahiya para sa side nung nanay, Ang dami pa namang nakapila…

Eto pa

Yung pinsan ko namang si joana, she’s 5 yo na. Pero she started talking when she was two.

Lola: Joana, sino ang mas maganda sa inyo ng kapatid mo?

Joana: Eh di pumunta ka sa bahay namin at ikaw na ang maghusga!

10 Likes

My daughter was celebrating her 8th birthday in class. I was the party host. Bago nag start yung party:

Anak: Nay, puwede bang introduce mo sarili mo as Mommy huwag Nanay. Hindi kasi nila (classmates) maiintindihan.

8 Likes

I remember a friend who just had a bikini wax, e nakita sya ng anak nya magbihis who was around 5yo that time. Sabay dumating sa house nila yung lola and amigas. The 5yo daughter happily announced to everyone na wala nang hair si mom sa pekpek. Hinala daw nya pabalik sa room anak nya :smile:

12 Likes

While reading a Kumon workbook.

Kal: Nawala pala tapos nahanap si Kumon?
Me: Huh, bakit?
Kal: Nakalagay dito: Mr. Toru Kumon, Founder of Kumon.

14 Likes

I told this story a lot. Nung teacher pa ako ng mga primary school kids, we were learning things from their textbook, describing people like their parents.

May isang part sa text na “My father is strong and handsome.”

Yung isang student sabi sa akin: “Teacher, my father is not strong and he is not handsome.”

After class, his father picked him up tapos he repeated the same thing he told me to his dad. Well his dad is ok-looking naman yet on the little chubby side. Natawa na lang yung tatay kasi his kid just likes to broadcast his thoughts, pero I think the kid was being honest naman eh.

3 Likes

One time when we were leaving the house to go out (pre-COVID19) on a Friday night, my son notices the commotion and our rushing to get out:

Lucas: Are we late or are we super late?

Late agad, hindi ba pwedeng gusto lang dumating ng maaga? :smash:

5 Likes

Kiddo, (then) 8 yo: “Paano tayo papayat niyan momi, eh ang hilig natin mag samgyeoupsal?”

Kiddo, (then) 9yo: ordering steak: “Pan seared, medium well pls.”
Waiter: “Medium well or well done?”
Kiddo: “Uhm, nobody likes to eat shoe leather po”

12 Likes

On our 8hr flight to Sydney, my lo was 6yo and every couple of minutes would ask me if we’re near already eg “Mommy, are we near?”

Eventually got tired so I asked her to “stop asking me cos it will take hours and hours to get there”.

After a few minutes she said out loud, “Mommy, I got a new question. How many minutes or hours left before we arrive?” The lady beside us laughed out loud.

Well, I did ask her to stop asking me if we’re near so iniba naman nya ang question nya :smile:

8 Likes

Overheard my kids talking in their bedroom

M: Do you know why Mom puts on make-up?
A: Huh?
M: Just ask why.
A: Why?
M: whispers Because she’s soooo old.

Evil laugh together :smirk:

15 Likes

Naalala ko lang because his teacher texted yesterday and the Peyups addict that I am took a mental note to post it here.

As my son’s teacher accompanied him out of the room on the first day of school, I asked him, “Hi Alek! How was your first day in class?”

The teacher said he was very attentive and active, contrary to what I told her that he can get rather anti-social at times.

Then Alek said, “It’s okay, nanay. Teacher smells fresh so it was fun.” :amazed: :embarass:

7 Likes

I think at her age, my daughter’s becoming more the adult than me:

Ako: I really think lactose intolerant ako
Anak: Huh? Explain mo yung mga milk tea mo :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

13 Likes

pwede ba’ng write?:grin: eto entry ng anak ko sa diary nya (school requirement). maiyak-iyak kami ng ama sa katatawa nung nabasa namin: IMG_20200507_011713

16 Likes

@jhome I’m curious, gold digger - geologist/miner?

hindi. niloloko lang nya ang tatay nya kasi nakita nya one time na kumuha ng pera sa wallet ko to buy something. eh alam nya meaning ng gold digger kasi narinig nya one time sa pinapanood ko and she asked what it meant. ayun, ginamit sa ama :laugh:

4 Likes