Been trying to vote with my wallet with varying levels of success.
- Currently trying to boycott SM (and failing, they’re so ubiquitous ) because of their treatment of their workers
- Jollibee for the same reasons as SM. It’s been years since I’ve had a Chicken Joy.
- NutriAsia for the violent dispersal of worker strikes and bad treatment of workers. Really struggling with this but succeeding so far.
- Sunnies for the Marcos connection.
- Coffee Project and other All Day companies because Villar.
- Gong Cha and Coco because of their One China policy
- Shakeys (from 2016-2018) because of one bad order too many (always late, delivered to the wrong address, didn’t honor a valid Super Card, etc). Forgave them already. Service seems to be better now. Also, I missed their mojos.
Will add more as soon as I remember them. What I’ve learned from all this is that boycotting companies, especially the really big ones, is really hard. NutriAsia for example, is everywhere. The consolidation of companies severely limits choice as well. In some sectors, I’m not sure you can even vote with your wallet anymore.