What companies are you boycotting and why?

If everyone else is boycotting Chatime Philippines, might as well include The French Baker. Same owners :slight_smile:

Nobody is boycotting Danding’s SMC – their food and beverages, Petron Corp, and their tollways SLEX, TPLEX, Skyway, NAIAX, etc.?

Danding is part of Marcos’ “Rolex 12”.

As much as possible, mga Dennis Uy-owned companies na supposedly eh front lang naman ni PRRD. Ang hirap lang pakawalan ng Conti’s (Baked Salmon) at yung Wendy’s.

1 Like

Forever 21, H&M, cotton on, zara and all other fast fashion brands for 2 reasons… masyadong marupok pagkakagawa after 2 washes their clothes fall apart and fade na. But the major reason is that the fashion industry really isnt very environment-friendly.

Im trying to go for ethically made and sourced clothing. But for now i’m in a no shopping challenge with myself. Wallet and environment friendly :lol:

2 Likes

How do you wash your clothes? My H&M and cotton on shirts are still going strong.

^according to tag instructions and wala pang sampay sa hard sun yan.

Wow. Crazy.

I like the cotton concert/movie shirts from H&M and cotton-on. I was supposed to buy that empire strikes back shirt from H&M and then the ECQ hit. Hopefully, they’d have those on sale when the ECQ is downgraded to GCQ.

I didn’t know cotton is not a sustainable fabric until late last year. And somehow, I’m still drawn to cotton shirts and jeans.

Not boycotting anything unless owned by communists and communists allies and criminals, like drug lords and murderers.

Anything Georgina , Liz Uy barkadahan owned. Sunnies anything, yung cookies (forgot the name) haha

3 Likes

though i have never bought anything Delimondo

plus, if you really look deep and hard enough, i’m pretty sure may something objectionable sa halos lahat ng binibili mo.
then, if ever wala talagang bahid ng product. chances are, makasalanan naman ang presyo.
:egg:

i’m beginning to lean towards just trying to limit consumption as much as possible.
:dunno:

3 Likes

Anything endorsed/owned by Georgina Wilson.

2 Likes

serious question: ano meron kay georgina wilson?

Maybe it’s time for consumers to organize then? Might help with the scale problem.

It would nice to have something like Consumer Reports here, too.

2 Likes

Wow ganyan pa rin pala sila. I’ve had bad experiences with them in the late 90s so they’ve fallen out of my repertoire of choices ever since.

I also learned from the documentary The True Cost that they’re not fair trade. Another reason to avoid them.

2 Likes

@selenakyle Whoa, shit na pala sila dati pa? :smash:

False alarm. Ibang Dennis Uy pala :smiley:

Guess I’m adding Converge ICT to my list :cry:

https://peyups.com/t/ngayon-ko-lang-nalaman-thread/2221/238?u=itachi

Update: Still checking if they’re the same Dennis Uy :laugh:

1 Like