Unpopular Opinions Thread

In most news article, Vice Ganda is referred to using the pronouns he/his/him. AFAIK, Vice still identifies as a homosexual person (sexual orientation), but not clear on what their (I use they/them/their, when in doubt; a little less danger of misgendering a person, but still not completely infallible) gender identity is (i.e., if VG is a transwoman).

OnT: Yoyoy Villame should be a National Artist. Also - voting is a cotdamn scam. Look at where it led us (but I participate in elections anyway).

1 Like

I don’t trust news outlets on that, especially kapag showbiz reporters ang nagsusulat.

OnT: Jokoy is not funny and grossly overrated. Nuknukan pa ng yabang.

3 Likes

Solar dryer daw yun para sa palay. :rotflmao:

And sexist. Ugh. #smalldickproblems

And yes, on showbiz reporters’ lack of credibility.

Muli, onT: brassieres are the worst. Hate them. Hate having to wash them, and pack them. Most of all - hate wearing them.

2 Likes

^ i agree that he is a bit overrated though he has some funny bits :grin: for or better or for worse, i think his popularity is due to the fact that we Pinoys have only him to represent us in the world cultural stage.

I think that for friendships to endure and remain pure, we should not give each other things. Not for birthdays christmas etc. Id rather welcome friends in my home, talk to them about everything and be present in each other’s lives. I dont want the weight that material things puts on even the purest of friendships. I hear people always talking about what they gave so and so or that so and so never paid them back. I think friends would be better off not using each othef as financial back up plans.

4 Likes

@abbymaria akala ko si Vice, si Jokoy pala :rotfl:

1 Like

isama nyo na si Lang Leav kay Paulo Coelho and Mitch Albom. yung Grade 4 pwedeng isubmit as English homework yung mga poems nya tapos hindi mahahalata ng teacher na plagiarized :rofl:

6 Likes

Lang Leav doesn’t write poetry. (Which is also another answer to this thread, haha).

6 Likes

+1 on Coelho. Read Alain de Botton na lang.

1 Like

Hindi ako napopogian sa mga Korean superstars. Parang mas bagay na description sa kanila ang ‘pretty’ kaysa ‘handsome’.

8 Likes

pwede din ang androgynous or mass-produced

even the girls were picked and formed based on a certain mold e.

and dahil sobrang dami nila, doesn’t move the needle for me at all

kaya my kids are in the minority amongst their classmates.
halos walang amor sa K-pop.

mas malakas ang epekto ng taste ko :hihi:

1 Like

+1 :aprub:

1 Like

Hindi talaga creative ang karamihan ng mga PIlipino-- either ‘diskarte’, ‘shortcut’, innovate, at sa pangongopya magaling.

3 Likes

lagi ko sinasabi sa kids ko, kaya ganito ang Pinas, kasi we glorify “diskarte”.

corruption? “diskartehan mo na to hati tayo”
paglabag sa traffic rules? “pag walang bantay, diskartehan mo na lang”

pati si DILG SEC narinig ko nagsabi ng “eto ang gusto ng national, kayong mga LGU diskartehan nyo na lang”

2 Likes

Sobrang nakakainis yung notion na “ma-iraos/magawa/matapos lang” Pinaka burat na example for me yung may kable ng kuryente na overpass at yung mga walang kalatoy latoy na waiting shed na “donated” ni Kapitan.

It’s always easy to blame the lack of resources as a deterring factor but hindi naman sa lahat ng pagkakataon eh dapat puro resources to be creative enough to do/start it in another way. Hayyy

1 Like

Surveys are overrated. Especially that despite everything, the guy in Malacanang still enjoys a high popularity rating.

2 Likes

hahaha, this is me! This is the reason why I haven’t been into the Kdrama thing for years now. They don’t look like men to me, rather they look more like products. DI ako maka feel ng kilig,even as I admire the bongacious production at storytelling ng mga Kdramas. I watch and read fluff for the kilig so I need to actually think that the bidang lalaki is gwapo/attractive or pag hindi conventially handsome, at least hindi masyadong glammed up haha. Korean men in those shows are not guwapo, they’re plastic. :peace:

2 Likes

Di ko gets hype kay Park Bo Gum. Sa isang reality show ko siya unang nakita as a guest around 2016. Masyado siyang malamya compared to the other guys there. Too feminine for me.

1 Like

Not a fan of Game of Thrones and Harry Potter

3 Likes

Not a fan of GoT lang. :lol: never akong nakapanood kahit isang episode.

2 Likes