Tea, anyone?

Since meron thread for coffee, ito naman para sa tea. Green, black, or white? Tea bags or loose leaf? Are you a fan of blends and flavored teas? With milk? With sugar? Discuss.

I also drink coffee, but I prefer tea most of the time. Darjeeling is my favorite. I’m more partial to black teas and I like loose leaf, but mostly tea bags kasi tamad ako. Hahaha.

3 Likes

I like black tea and milk tea. Counted naman yun diba? LOL

4 Likes

I am a coffee addict (yes, sumasakit ang ulo ko if I don’t drink it first thing in the morning), but I also like drinking tea.

I like loose leaf din pero katamad nga, so most of the time tea bags, I like black tea, flavored tea (fruity) and mint tea. I always drink my mint tea with honey and dark choclits :slight_smile:

I got some allergic reactions din sa ibang tea—>yung mga galing korea

2 Likes

Most of my tea consumption ay milk tea na ata :laughing:

Though recently been burning through my tea bags dahil sa quarantine. They’re mostly from friends na pumunta ng Taiwan. I’m partial to green tea (I don’t remember why). Mostly tea bags din because I’m also lazy but I also have matcha powder ( I just don’t know if I’m drinking it correctly, I think I put way too much powder :joy:).

1 Like

Oo naman! Masyado lang kasi mainstream ang milk tea (or “boba” in the US). But it’s basically cold tea with milk. Pero hindi ako mahilig sa milk tea. Pag bumibili ako sa milk tea shops, its always some form of iced tea, and I always take care to emphasize na ayaw ko ng milk. Hahaha. A former officemate of mine described it perfectly: “Parang amoy laway ng tuta.” :rofl:

2 Likes

May ISO Standard pala for brewing tea :astonished: And it’s fifty bucks! Eto ang abstract niya:

The method consists in extracting of soluble substances in dried tea leaf, contained in a porcelain or earthenware pot, by means of freshly boiling water, pouring of the liquor into a white porcelain or earthenware bowl, examination of the organoleptic properties of the infused leaf, and of the liquor with or without milk, or both.

Buti na lang may summary sa Wikipedia :laughing:

4 Likes

I like English Breakfast, Earl Grey and Moroccan mint tea. Ang di ko masyadong gusto ay green tea in basic form pero gusto ko siya as dessert :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Black tea, primary drink. No sugar, no honey, no milk. Plain lang. Depende sa stocks ko but usually mas teabag kesa loose leaf. Sa isang araw ang average ko dati around 3-4 cups., usually after meals :smiley:

3 Likes

Hindi ako masyadong tea drinker, gusto ko lang yung mga fruit blend. Preferably citrus-y :slight_smile:

Green tea latte

Did you ever figure out why?

I always got allergic reactions to almost everything—dun sa korean tea siguro because sa ibat-ibang content/mixture nung tea. I wasn’t able to figure out kung anong specific content nagrereact katawan ko.

2 Likes

Fave ko iced jasmine green tea then lagyan ng calamansi.

2 Likes

I cannot drink coffee because it triggers my migraine and ulcers. For some reason, I don’t get the same reaction with tea. For me, a meal is not complete without drinking tea. I’ve bought so much tea (loose leaf) and tea kits (strainer, pot, sachets) from my travels enough to last a lifetime or two. :lol:

I like peppermint to calm tummyaches, oolong tea, green tea, and matcha. But my favorite is Genmaicha after every meal. Healthy Options also has a decent selection of dessert teas (amazing aroma and taste without the guilt). TWG, Twinings, Harney & Sons, Yogitea, Teakruthi, CBTL are some of my staples.

4 Likes

Love TWG’s white tea… Sagada lemon tea… Mint tea, sarap ng lasang toothpaste… home-made naman is lemongrass tea

2 Likes

i’m partial to black tea. i like the Napoleon blend of TWG. pati yung 1837. not a fan of minty ones :grin: pag fruity, mas gusto ko sya pag iced

2 Likes

I :heartpump: tea.
My favorite loose leaf brand is Zhenas Ultimate Green. So soothing.
I’ve also tried Yogi brand and love Sweet Tangerine
Bigelow’s Ginger and Peach herbal tea is perfect for tummy aches too.

2 Likes

Black tea. Usually bags para convenient. Earl grey or english breakfast or oolong (kung iced). As is lang, miski walang cream, pasok sa banga.

loose leaf kapag gagawa ng chai masala. half and half tapos grated ginger bago hanguin sa kalan. The best kapag may sipon.

2 Likes

If I need to be awake definitely Black. Loose or tea bags any will do.
Most of the time no milk and no sugar.
Sometimes I do my own version of ginger tea too.

2 Likes

I like all teas. Current staple is ginger tea.

2 Likes