Tea, anyone?

Appreciated tea when I hit my mid-30s. A hallmark of titafication? Probably…

Current staple, Earl Grey! Stash is a good brand. Also - Marks and Spencer. The bergamot is there. I’d love to switch to loose leaf soon.

I put a splash of full cream milk. And a pinch of brown sugar.

3 Likes

Nung nasa Pinas ako my concept of tea is parang herbal supplement or gamot sya, not as beverage. Kasi pag upset tummy black tea binibigay ng lola ko sa akin. I drink it to be healthy and not to enjoy it. But in my early 20s I started being averse to drinking cold beverages so my only choices were room temp water, kape or tsaa. That’s how I got into Asian herbal teas…green tea at jasmine.

I always thought yucky ang tea with milk the way the British drinks their tea. Nung nagvisit ako sa kapatid ko sa Melbourne kala ko nakikiuso lang sya and I never tried the stuff lol. But Downton Abbey and my subsequent England trip changed me. I was drinking nothing but english breakfast with milk and sugar for weeks! Now I have a tea obsession and tea service set. I want to organize tea parties din so I can pour tea and offer tea cakes and cucumber sandwiches with the crust cut off. :embarasslaff:

4 Likes

Ang saya ng afternoon tea cakes, in true British fashion! 'Yung tore ng pastries and petit four. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Lol right?! It’s so much fun! The first time I had some pinay titas over but they didnt want milk in their teas they asked for lemon and honeeyyy :bawling: i couldnt use the little pitcher to pour milk into their cups. Sira ang downton abbey vibes when i had to squeeze lemon juice from a plastic container into their teacups. Bwiset :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Since I don’t drink coffee, I’ve preferred tea even before moving in England. But the Bri’ish may be on to something with their love for teas! Love it even more now. Sugar, no sugar, with milk or none. Kahit anong variety. I always have a cup before bedtime.

2 Likes

Black tea lang ang kaya kong inumin. Tinry ko ang peppermint pero para akong uminom ng mouthwash

3 Likes

I like Puer Tea so much.

I also like Peppermint Tea, Green Tea (Matcha), and Black Tea. I dislike Ginger Tea and all flower-based tea (jasmine, chamomile, lavender).

2 Likes

:laugh: same! Hindi ako masyadong fan ng herbal teas dahil either lasang bulaklak or perfume o pinaghugasan ng medyas (ear grey im talking to you)

1 Like

I drink tea pag gusto kong mainitan ang tiyan ko in the afternoons–I cannot drink coffee after noontime, di ako nakakatulog sa gabi.

Recently, nadiscover ko ang mga tsaa ng Asya dahil nalipat ako ng department sa office.

1 Like

Lol sa pinaghugasan ng medyas. Yup yung mga mabulaklak na tea, ang description ko naman sa lasa is parang “tinunaw na Albatross”

Uy! :wave: I still have more teas!

I supplied @nescafe_ice13 noon ng mga tea. After college na ako nag-start uminom ng kape. Tea talaga iniinom ko noon pa. My dad got me into the Japanese green tea and of course got curious.

After a bunch of Chinese tea ceremony classes, tea market and farm trips, medyo picky na ako sa tea. Favorite ko is oolong tea. It’s just the right flavor not too leafy, not too burnt, nor too flowery. I’m picky with pu’er na it has to be aged kasi good pu’er should have a chocolatey taste.

I don’t drink as much unlike before na every morning but when it’s really cold or when I’m under the weather, it’s the first thing I want to drink. I also do enjoy some afternoon tea whether it is Yumcha or British style.

1 Like

yep, i still remember those teas, @vaninay

when i got posted in Malaysia, naadik ako for a time sa teh tarik. pero nung nalaman ko how they make it (and its possible impact on my blood sugar), medyo tiniigilan ko na hahaha

2 Likes

Milk tea!
I also love chai tea latte (starbucks haha), earl grey (tea and ice cream :aprub:), peppermint (pag may colds) and jasmine (pag gusto ko lang mabango).

I don’t like matcha… Except from that one seller in Tsukiji Market where Jiro sources his tea.

1 Like

I like both coffee and tea. May dedicated shelves ako for both of them kasi maarte ako, yes, at dahil na din inuuwi ko ang lahat ng free teabags sa mga hotels na napupuntahan ko (aminin! Sinong hindi gumagawa nito? :lol: )

I like genmaicha (brown rice green tea) and mate ---- and kelangan talaga gumamit ng bombilla to drink mate para legit! :biglaugh: although I guess the social sharing of mate is frowned upon in the time of Covid19.

I also like ginger tea and kapag naprapraning ako, i take lavender tea.

I utterly dislike chamomile and peppermint tea.

And for the mega-Titas and Titos among you here, check out the sparkling teas from Copenhagen Tea Company. There are 5 different kinds (two of these, Blå and Lyserød, are non-alcoholic). :twothumbs:

And here is my bombilla: 20200415_193851

3 Likes

Maam, chai latte lang po. Chai already means “tea”. Hehe.

Buti pa kayo nagigising ng tea. I use it to relax. Coffee has the opposite effect for me, so that’s what I used to drink kapag nagta-trabaho ako ng night shift. Or meron akong raket na sa gabi lang ako meron time na gawin.

I also like oolong tea - basta yung binibili nanay ko dati sa Chinatown.

Also NOT a fan of flowery teas, lalo na yung mga blends chuchu na binebenta sa Trader Joes. Pero yun naman ang gusto ni misis. Haha.

2 Likes

I have yet to find proper oolong here in Manila. Should have hoarded when I was in Taipei

Where do you get loose leaf teas?

1 Like

:tama: Agree on the muddy and chocolatey taste of puer tea.

TWG po. Madami rin sa Binondo, pero hindi ko alam what kind.

2 Likes

Yogi tea

Earl grey ang favorite ko ngayon. Sinusubukan ko kung ano anong tea. Kahit mga fruit fusion.

May nagbigay din sa akin ng Jasmine Dragon Tears Tea. Relaxing siya. :slight_smile:

1 Like