Lessons learned after a heartbreak

It may seem the end of your world but this too shall pass.

5 Likes

Some older people give advice not necessarily because they think they know better but…

They did STUPID things that you’re just thinking of doing right now. They just don’t wanna admit directly that they did that stupid thing.

1 Like

Wag magpautang kasi mahirap maningil pag nagbreak na LOL

5 Likes

As it turned out, every heartbreak is a test of character. It’s an opportunity to know oneself better.

4 Likes

Andami masyado but ok, to share a few:

1. Never get into “rescue mission” relationships. Don’t mistake your generosity, eagerness to help, compassion etc with love.
  2. “Love until it hurts” is stupid. If it hurts, stop doing it.
  3. You first. Always.
  4. After the break-up, if niloko ka or ginago ka or ginamit ka, fine feel bad, cry… But don’t nurture that “poor me” victim complex. You are not a victim!
  5. Respect yourself. Fool me once etc etc.
  6. Don’t settle for someone waaaaay less than your ideal. Deal breakers are deal breakers. Next!
  7. There really is a lot of other fish in the sea! Stop chasing and forcing the issue on this one!
9 Likes

Malalaman mo na ang tunay pala ay yung wala ka iniisip na worries or insecurities. Hinde ka nagtatanong palagi na what if or bakit ganun? Yung tunay ay hinde ka pinapaiyak. Sabi nga. At peace ka

6 Likes

Totoo yung magigising ka nalang isang araw tapos OK ka na. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

And may love pala na effortless? Simple lang.

I thought I had to endure, get hurt, prove that I am the one, wait for him to choose me, that there should be wild complications before I can finally say that this is great love. :smash:

8 Likes

Di mo na kailangan isipin kapag wala ka pala talaga pakialam.

1 Like

Microcheating is cheating

3 Likes

Pag hindi na kayo nagsesex at hindi nyo pinag-uusapan bakit, may problema na. Tigilan nyo na.

1 Like

Huhu very true huwag na huwag papayag na under sa name mo ang loan ni jowa :embarasslaff:

Saka
I don’t have to set myself on fire to keep others warm.

7 Likes

Lahat tayo nagkakamali. Minsan, mali lang talaga ang minahal mong tae, I mean, tao. :joy: Forgive yourself.

Hindi ko talaga keri kung polyamorous ang SO ko. I learned this the hard way.

3 Likes

naka relate ako dito!

3 Likes

There is no other way of loving than giving it everything you’ve got. A few years back while attending a mass habang heartbroken ako, the homily centered around this quote from Pope Benedict “Only the lover can understand the folly of a love to which prodigality is the law and excess alone is sufficient”. Damang-dama ko siya that time. So I learned to be kinder to myself and forgive myself for loving too much.

1 Like

Pag sinabi niyang hindi pa siya ready sa isang relationship, hindi pa siya ready. Listen very well. Hindi yun go signal na gawin mo ang lahat para magbago ang isip niya. Don’t project your fantasies to someone who is not ready because you will end up hurt for sure. You know what they say, expectation is the root of all heartaches.

9 Likes

Sobrang totoo nito!!! Itigal ang complex/fantasy na ikaw ang magiging gamechanger!!! (Haha ang daming exclamation points kasi ganyan ako dati, but #lessonlearned haha)

3 Likes

Same! Grabe todo effort pa ako nun pero ang ending waley, luhaan ang ateng! Ako lang ang umasa sa wala… pero ngayon, not anymore. Alam ko na ang tamang galawan haha

1 Like

Sometimes, you will just never ever be enough for someone. Not because of a defect in you per se but because you are just not what that person is looking for. Sometimes, it’s really not youand that’s okay. Don’t let it affect your self-esteem or sense of worth, darling. #notestomyyoungerself

9 Likes

Pag tapos na tapos na. Don’t try to beat a dead horse.

4 Likes