Ang "Ano naiambag mo sa Society?" Thread

Back in UP, finishing my MA.
Now an advocate of community-based adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights education. In sexier terms - sex ed teacher sa mga communities.

4 Likes

Nakatulong sa pagpapailaw ng isang malayong komunidad. Naks. Meralco ang peg.

Nakapagpublish ng academic journals at nagamit naman ang output para sa buong bansa. Naks ulit.

:blush:

1 Like

Promoting, propagating and preserving Filipino Culture through the Filipino Martial Arts of Eskrima/Kali/Arnis globally through international associations, alliances and clubs in classes and seminars for non-Filipinos, expat Filipinos and younger generations of Filipino descent who want to connect or reconnect with Filipino culture, traditions, values and roots.

In short, I make palo people until they learn and they like it.

8 Likes

Gov’t employee noon after grad, gov’t ngayon …bukas at magpakailanman. Haha!

1 Like

Left the Philippines for good 10 years ago but when I was working there, I was fortunate enough to be given opportunities na magpakitang gilas to our offshore counterparts to convince them to bring more work to the Philippines, which in turn created job opportunities.

3 Likes

Perlita, parang kilala kita! Haha

Good to see you here again! :wave:

1 Like

Government Physician… Nagbabayad pa rin ng tax… Minsan bumoboto… Madalas sumusunod sa traffic rules… Minsan gusto na lang maging tamby at bumalik magsulat… :wink:

4 Likes

:wave2: kunwari di mo ako kilala, anuber. :hahaha:

Private company at sinisgurado kong tama ang tax na binabayad nila sa gobyerno

offT: napaka-interesting ng profiles nyo hanep!

Nag-corporate for a few years. Tapos (officially) naging housewife. Hehehe. IRL, kami ay DINKs (dual income, no kids) ng asawa ko - sa corporate pa rin siya pero freelance writer at virtual assistant (VA) ako for the past decade. Ano nga ba naiambag ko? Ah, navo-volunteer sa HS alumni group namin, nakapag-likom naman ng ilang libong libro para sa HS library namin, nag-spearhead ng intro to digital literacy doon tapos trainer ng VA/digital skills ng gobyerno na napapadala sa mga lalawigan. Meron ding YouTube channel para sa mga ka-industrya. Walang revenue pero it’s fun making content.

1 Like

Hahah kilala kita from the previous peyups! Pero not personally! Hahaha :wink::+1:t3: Sorry offT na tayo! Haha

1 Like

You’re an inspiration, doc! Omg fanboy here. <3

2 Likes

Please don’t get me wrong. I love it. Service to the people and rendering justice are no longer just lip service. For my age, I am still idealistic. And in our office, the opportunity is there to clean up the image of the prosecutor’s office. It also helps that the pay is great (unless one has absolutely no contentment in life).

But again, right now, my work feels useless except to scare violators of quarantine rules. Physicians, healthcare workers and other frontliners simply rock.

4 Likes
  1. Nakisama sa pagdadala ng makabagong teknolohiya sa agrikultura.

2. Lots of sin taxes na supposedly pondo rin ng bayan para sa kalusugan.

4 Likes

Naging doktor at sa ngayon ay kawani pa rin ng gobyerno bilang residente sa PGH.

17 Likes

Isang pagpupugay sa inyo Doc! Stay safe! And maraming salamat sa UP-PGH :jumpclap:

3 Likes

Stay safe doc and salamat po sa serbisyo! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Give it some time @lastboyonearth . :evilgrin:

On-topic: My practice now revolves around renewable energy (shifted from doing LNG projects in Siberia, nuclear decommissioning work in the Western Hemisphere, as well as Greek and Russian airports), although I’m still pestering the partners at my firm to let me pursue space law. I’m still on parental leave now and will return to work next week. :office: Baka naman, especially in light of the pandemic, my line of work would change a bit. :headscratch:

4 Likes

Nag-media, tapos nagturo, tapos nag-run ng restaurant, tapos nag-negosyo ng learning center, tapos ngayon nag-run ng US firm. From media, education, business, and now construction.

Volunteer work ko for the last 9 years is for an expat women’s group where I live. Nasa board of directors since 2012. Yung group namin, we help women who come to the country adjust to a new life, culture, and all that.

Work-related naman, involved kami with the Sister Cities program with our US HQ and other cities. Recently, nag-source kami ng PPEs for our sister city. Dahil nasa ground ako where most global PPE stocks are available, ayun, we put our company’s sourcing and import/export capabilities to good use.

Ngayon, busy ako magreply sa mga messages from work sa States kasi essential business kami and we need more supplies like masks. Factory agad kausap ko pagkagising. Tapos check ko yung Taxumo ko later kasi alam ko may deadline akong tax this month.

2 Likes

Yeah, RE is so hot right now, with what’s going on especially.

Space law!!! There are like less than three Pinoys in that field! Goooo!!!

1 Like