Your course and its job options

Journ

Other than the typical journalist/editor/broadcaster/news producer/academic, you can go into social media management, PR (corporate or political), business relations, speech writing, marketing, research (not just media but also advocacy NGOs).

It’s a great jumping board to go into niche professions by taking up a masters degree.

It’s also a great pre-law since it sharpens your critical thinking, prepares you for all the researching, reading and writing you’re going to do as a lawyer and instills in you KISS–keep it short and simple. Don’t take pol sci (no offense), take Journ.

3 Likes

natawa ako sa jeffrey hidalgo comment… :hahaha:

Para on-topic BAA - nag-audit - naging corporate alipin… hanggang ngayon alipin pa rin… :embarasslaff:

1 Like

Stat

Pwede sa lahat ng company na kailangan ng data analysts. Basta may data may stat…

1 Like

Film

Not just in the movie industry whether writer ka, producer, director, cinematographer, sound, production designer, editor, colorist, animator, etc

Pwede din sa advertising, TV, even radio (my radio job prior to graduating helped me with my sound classes), events, PR…mostly within media and entertainment.

Academe is always there, you can also go to take up law.

You can also apply major skills like project management in other fields kasi I’m not working in media anymore.

2 Likes

pwede maglaw after film? may kakilala ba kayong naglaw after graduating film?

Pwede naman kahit anong 4 year course AFAIK. May mga kakilala ako na engg at physics na nag-Law.

wow. im actually thinking of shifting to film (+im new here hahaha) im just paranoid na baka wala akong mapasukang trabaho kung film grad ako so it’s nice to know

Well its all about soaking in all the skills they teach you and applying it. May kaibigan ako na Geology-grad, he even took the board exam and got his license. Pero the closest he ever got to practicing was as a project RA for 2 years and as a part-time teacher. Now he’s a professional photographer.