Work from home

So the other week naglabas ng company wide survey about employee satisfaction regarding eWFH setup. Mahirap daw kase sa caregivers, now kids stay home, if hired help can’t come double work load yung mga tao.

After that biglang nakahinga kame last week. I dunno if things are going back to BAU na talaga meaning sanay na kame lahat or wake up call sa leadership that their teams are being ran ragged na. So yung 7am til 10pm ko naging 9am to 6pm, give or take another hr on some days.

2 Likes

When I switched to my new role in 2018, naging mas flexible ang work arrangements ko and I can work from home at least once a week. And I travel a lot for work, so hindi na bago ang working remotely for me or my team.

Malas lang ang ECQ na ito kasi 1. biglaan - may naiwan akong papel at equipment sa office; 2. biglang pumalya yung internet namin and hindi sya maaayos until ECQ is lifted (peste!). :frustrated:

If I were home with a stable and reliable internet connection, WFH would be bliss for me. Masarap magtrabaho nang may kandong na aso - except pag meeting.

Mahirap ang work-life balance; it’s true - you can’t go anywhere and what else is there to do but work? Or cook/eat (juice colored, the pounds gained)! But with this pandemic, it’s not good for my mental health. All those memes saying “this is your chance to get a beach body/learn a skill you have never had time for” can shut it; I’m in the middle of a catastrophe trying to work. :hmph:

2 Likes

Tama. Ayoko nag uuwi ng trabaho sa bahay pero no choice. Gusto ko oras ng trabaho, trabaho lang. Eh ngayon, hinde pwede. Talagang distractions everywhere esp pag May infant. Mas gusto ko pa rin ang office setting. Para pag uwian na, uwi ka talaga. Hinde yung May iniisip ka pa na trabaho. Mas nakakapagod ito. Akala mo lang ok kasi nasa bahay ka. Pero mas konti natatapos mo kasi ayaw ka pakawalan ni baby kasi nakikita ka nya . Hinde naman ako makapag tago sa isang room kasi hinde ko rin sya matiis . Hirap kaya. Sana makabalik na tayo sa “Normal”. Sabi nila, this is the new Normal. Ayoko yata.

2 Likes

Para sa mga parents dito :smiley: Has lots of ideas on how to keep kids occupied while you’re working. :laugh:

Ibalik niyo na po sa dati para niyo ng awa. Walang konsepto ng oras mga tao sa wfh

2 Likes

Ang diko lang type dito ay dahil wala pa akong printer/scanner

Oh I feel ya. When I started working from home I was like “I’m gonna eat healthy, exercise everyday, lose weight!”
But then the lockdown turned from weeks to months. 8 weeks on, I’ve been baking, cooking a bit, definitely not losing weight. :joy:
Ang masama pa, I’ve been turning to cheetos for comfort. Cheetos, Lays, Doritos and Toblerone are my best friends now.

4 Likes

Maliit lang space to move so not moving as much as I want to.

This is all of us now :laughing:

3 Likes

Very accurate @itachi :rotflmao:

Also today my senior management team insisted we use video and I was resisting kasi messy pa sa bahay but they wouldn’t take no for an answer. We ended up teasing one who had a big framed picture of himself right behind him. Kulit :lol:

1 Like

Sobrang struggle tong WFH dahil ang nature ng work ko ay sabit sa sales. So halos 60% of my time was supposed to be spent onsite sa customer factories (locally here in SG and travelling all over SE Asia). Ang hirap magtroubleshoot ng issues remotely and nakakaumay kasi same thing everyday.

OTOH, masaya minsan ng walang maingay around you and di kelangan gumising nang maaga to go to work so yun ang positive for me ng WFH.

Moving forward sana gawin pa din ng company namin yung Phase 1 ng Biz Cont Plan. Alternating weeks ang WFH and Work in Office, best arrangement yun for me.

4 Likes

Di ko rin prefer ang WFH kung magiging regular thing siya - not good for my mental health. If once in a while, keri lang, like isang araw out of a week. Pero kung mas madalas dun, I would dread it; kailan ko ng boundaries. Ayaw ko yata yung paggising ko andyan na yung trabaho. Mas gusto ko na may commute to work and iwanan sa office yung para sa office.

3 Likes

I started WFH last October because of a change in my role. I like it, but it took me a while to have a routine to separate personal time from work. I found sticking to a day plan works best for me.
I cook food for the next day after work so I do not have to worry about it during work hours, or when we have P1 issue. And in general, it’s hard to squeeze in cooking and eating lunch in under one hour.
When I logoff, I close the laptop lids, and will never look at them again until the next day. It’s my way of calling it a day.

6 Likes

^I think I need to be doing this. Now I start at 8am and end at 8pm. Madami breaks in between but still I think good idea yung close the computer after “work hours” you set.

2 Likes

Due to WFH set up, nawawalan na rin ng concept of weekend ang mga boss.

2 Likes

You need better bosses :laugh:

Ngayon ko lang na-appreciate na relatively hands-off mga boss namin :joy:

3 Likes

grateful din ako na OK at may respect sa time ng iba ang leadership namin. i think important na OK ang leads/bosses kapag WFH, kasi walang doubt about work productivity, which in turn will lead to being more productive.

na-struck ako sa signature ng isa sa mga leads namin (at least 3 levels above me) –

I am sending this email at a time that is convenient for me. Please answer at a time that is convenient for you.

it’s fitting in WFH setup.

btw, nasa IT industry ako.

5 Likes

One thing I realized though is that this particular WFH we’re experiencing is not the typical WFH. It is WFH na crisis mode. Meaning the extra hours, the seemingly unfair requests sometimes come from the situation we are in now, and not from WFH itself. I say this because I used to enjoy one day of WFH per week in my old job, and I actually looked forward to it. And it’s because it was regular times - I had a work plan, I can classify urgent and non-ugent work, I can pause. Because of this crisis (for me at least), nawala yung pause☹️

6 Likes

In the interest of not running my mental health to the ground, I’ve gotten into the habit of setting my daily work hours. I display it on my chat status (e.g. 8AM 12:30PM; 1:30PM to 6PM) and depende sya sa schedule ko that day. Hard-stop ako pag “end of shift” na. Sarado ang laptop; naka-disable ang email sa phone; naka-“away” na sa chat.

Sagrado ang weekend - even if I can’t really go anywhere. Playing with my dogs, reading a book, or just chilling - gagawin ko ito ng off-days ko for recovery.

This is SO true. WFH in and of itself wasn’t so bad; I cherished it. But because of the craziness of this situation, hindi na sya fun. :huhuhu:

8 Likes

Miss ko na yung office chair ko. I have a plastic chair as my chair at home, minsan I’m at the dining table mas solid yung chair pero ang ingay ng kids.

At least one more month of WFH for me. I wonder when and if we’ll ever go back to going to the office everyday.

1 Like