Work from home

Mas productive ako sa office kase less distractions.

Ayoko lang din sa WFH sa ECQ eh everyday feels the same. Wala na yung contempt for Mondays and excitement for Fridays. Wala na rin appreciation for Saturday and Sunday.

7 Likes

Pag magtagal pa, yung contempt for Mondays magbalik yan. Ang weird no? Buti yung Fridaya namin medyo lighter load na talaga. Since last year pa kasi kani wfh sa end of the week so medyo nasanay dun pero rest of the week, bugbugan.

May WFH na kami sa dati kong office so medyo sanay na ako sa logistics. Mahirap lang sa WFH ngayon parang wala ring official hours, work anytime /all the time ang nangyayari, so nakakapagod.

2 Likes

Feeling ko mas productive ako sa wfh. Kasi dati alas dies na ko pumapasok until 4pm. Ngayon 7:30 pa lang nakabukas na outlook ko, at i shut down around 7pm na.
Pero in between, i cook meals, play w my son, do chores. Feeling ko nga ipupush ko na itong wfh set up. :joy:

5 Likes

Mahirap sa PE Teacher heheā€¦

4 Likes

Working from home is what I have been thinking of doing since last year. Eto nangyari na, I am working at home for a company and provided lahat PC and tools. Multitasking! :grin: buti na lang sanay tayong mga isko/iska sa hirap. Carry lang. May time lang cramming hahaha at home Kasi. :v:

4 Likes

Ang nakakamiss lang sa wfh, yung free a/c sa office! :joy:. Ang init pa naman ngayon.

3 Likes

nasanay na po akong work from home, kasi lagi kaming on call for this and that.

while umiiwas ka sa trapik ng maynila, tapos pwede kang magwork ng nakapambahay or pwedeng matulog nang slight, its also a challenge switching offā€“may mga times na nalilimutan mo nang kumain, or gabing gabi na pala. i had to actively tell myself to shut down before 8pm para naman makarelax.

3 Likes

My very first job was WFH (translation gig. BPO company sa Eastwood). Nag-apply ako dito to kill time during the summer before my last undergrad acad year. We only had to report to the office once a week (you choose which day). It was great because no commute! Less expenses for food! More time to work kasi ang daming pinapagawa since project based siya! Mahirap din kasi ang init sa bahay (summer nga e) at dahil unang job experience, pero marami akong natutunan with regard to time management, at syempre sa pakikipagdiskusyon sa mga corporate bisor :lol: :argue:

Second job after graduation. Translation uli. Sa Makati naman. Pinatapos muna yung six month probi period tapos pinayagan na kaming translators mag-WFH kasi anlalayo ng pinaggagalingan namin at nakakamatay mag-MRT. Naging napaka-efficient ng trabaho ko (at ng team) nung mag-WFH kasi di na ko stressed at kulang sa tulog dahil sa haba at hirap ng byahe. At nagagawa ko na yung hobbies ko dahil WFH. Nagka-love life pa in between! Win-win! :headbang:

Nag-end contract si client. Nawala yung dream WFH job na yun at nalipat ako sa BPO. 2 years. Depressing office job. Nag-resign, at malipas ang ilang buwan nakakuha na uli ng WFH job! Which meant more time for studying (gradschool) :nerd_face: Mas productive talaga ako sa bahay :houses:

Edit: Ang pinaka ayoko yung zoom meetings. Mga 20 minutes nagche-check kung nandun na lahat at kung ready na magsimula :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

May love-hate relationship ako sa WFH. Sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I donā€™t. But I think okay lang to if twice a week langā€¦ not this long. But overall, okay sya since tipid din sa food at pamasahe.

1 Like

And fast office internet! Though this is becoming less of an issue with affordable fiber connections like Convergeā€™s.

1 Like

If walang pandemic, I probably wouldve been more productive. Kaso, 'eto, mayaā€™t maya, anxiety attacks. So. :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

One of my previous companies is based in the US. Nagkaron ng change in business direction at na-dissolve yung team sa Manila. Luckily, I was working then with counterparts in the US and Spain, so I was still able to keep my job but I have to work from home.

It was very convenient since I didnā€™t have to commute, had time to do groceries during off-peak hours, go to the gym, swim at night, and visit the mall na wala masyadong tao. Tipid rin sa food expenses. I also did buy-and-sell on the side since the courier can pick-up products from my unit when I get orders.

But after 2 years, I got sort of depressed. I used to live by myself so wala ako nakakausap sa unit. My only daily social interactions are with the condo staff, grocery cashier and restaurant staff. Hindi rin ako madalas makipag meet with friends since most have their own families na, so we only get to see each other few times a year. I guess WFH would be perfect if you have a family, but if youā€™re living by yourself, lack of social interaction can kill you. Medyo mahirap din mag meeting with 3 timezones - either sobrang aga or sobrang late at night ang sked.

So I decided to quit and joined a startup in BGC and worked regular office hours. Itā€™s a startup so hindi naman masyado strict sa time. I get to appreciate random talks, walking to Serenitea in the afternoon, and having drinks on Fridays. Mas madali rin to meet up with friends for dinner. And somehow I found commuting to be therapeutic. I was using Wunder then so I get to chat with my carpool mates on my way home.

Iā€™m now based overseas, working with a new company. Back to WFH due to the covid situation. Good thing Iā€™m living with other housemates to keep my sanity.

2 Likes

WFH at least once a week na ako since 2008. I used to enjoy it talaga kase break from the traffic and it allows me more time to sleep. But the past 3 weeks masyadong hectic na. Before the quarantine I can go through my email early morning. Travel to work. Stay there from 11am til 6pm or 7pm. A few days a month paguwi ko I would attend a meeting until 10 or 11pm. Now I start 7am and end 11pm. Why? Daily meetings cos of the site closures all over the world. Our partner BPOs are closing shop too. So ang daily responsibilities ko starts with Australia time and ends with Phoenix time. :sleeping: Donā€™t get me wrong, I can take breaks in between and I love the fact I am safe at home but I feel nawala ang boundaries.

4 Likes

Sa advertising, lalo na sa production side, limited lang yung pwedeng gawin sa WFH setup. Mga paper works lang. Majority kase ng work namin nasa location, prod/post/audio houses kami for shoot, audio recording, post work, etc. Mas nagwowork din yung mga face to face meetings and presentations with clients.

So ngayong ECQ, tengga talaga, as in wala akong ginagawa, kase naka-hold lahat ng projects namin. :lol: Wala ring sweldo. :bawling:

2 Likes

how much income usually ng ganito? at learnable ba yung skills? asking for a friend.

1 Like

Hmm well, the more you teach, the more you earn. :embarasslaff: Definitely learnable, and maraming self-study materials. :biggrin:

WFH more since I gave birth 2 years ago. Even before I got married, may home office set-up ako, lalo na since I do some freelance design gigs. I also work ng US time so even before, medyo bago-bago pa lang Zoom ginagamit na namin.

Sanay na sa WFH set-up. I go to the office pag kailangan talaga. Right now sa amin, open na offices ulit since late February pero super strict entry/exit sa building. 3 times lang ako nagpunta sa office, 1 time to get our papers sorted out when the building opened, and another 2 for items na kailangan ng mismong signature ko and just to go out kasi I needed a change in scenery at saka tapat ng building namin eh yung import goods store so shopping after.

3 Likes

For me who needs to be on the field for my work, nakakadisorient ang WFH. May official hours nga, pero people tend to go beyond their working hours kasi nakakawala ng sense of time. Hirap din makipag-usap nang di harapan, and umaapaw na ang Viber groups.

Siguro, mahirap din (and partly masaya) na may nangungulit na bata on your side while working. I think di naman nabawasan ang productivity ko, pero youā€™ll really have to do things differently.

1 Like

I just walk to work so Iā€™m still working in the office. I feel productive since walang ibang tao.

Hit or miss ang wfh for me since I have to attend to several meetings. And I find it hard to do a full stop when working from home.

Lately naging ganito na ang meeting minutes namin:

Can you hear me?
Guys can you go on mute when youā€™re not talkingā€¦
Iā€™ll try to reconnect again. I canā€™t hear yaā€¦

ā€¦ad infinitum, ad nauseam