When do you feel you have perfected a recipe?

:wave: sa mga mahilig magluto or mag experiment sa kusina.

What dishes can you do really well, and when do you feel or think you have already perfected a recipe?

I’ll start: I can do the usual Adobo, sigang, pasta dishes and my mother’s empanada recipe. With baking, my banana bread.

Feeling ko naperfect ko na pag I don’t have to look at a recipe anymore esp with baking. Sa cooking naman when I don’t have to think about it anymore at alam kong sakto ang lasang hanap ko

3 Likes

My specialty dishes are spicy sardine pasta, potato salad, bangus sisig, pininyahang manok sa gata and pork adobo (dry).

Naperfect ko na yung recipe pag alam ko na yung steps and ingredients kahit nakapikit :grinning:

3 Likes

Naperfect ko na kapag masarap. I don’t check the steps anymore. It’s the taste that matters

3 Likes

Kapag nasarapan ako sa luto ko.

3 Likes

I love to cook. The key IMHO, is repetition.
I constantly tweak a recipe up until I know it by heart and the end result is consistent.
I’ve perfected my friend chicken recipe, bakareta, siomai, meatloaf, adobo, lengua con setas to name a few :wink:

1 Like

Hmmmm. I think I perfected a recipe kapag sinasabe na ng mga anak ko na magtayo nalang ako ng restaurant .

Kare-kare— tripe/ pata/ Seafood
Seafood pasta
Seafood Curry
Adobo
Sinigang

2 Likes

When it comes out perfect? :lol:

Mga ulam na “lutong bahay” mostly ang repertoire (adobo, sinigang, nilaga, etc.). Natuto dahil may time noon na di na kumuha ng kasambahay si ermats. So mostly kung ano na-obserbahang lutuin ng lola, ermat, erpat, yun ang unang sabak.
I do not measure, tantiya lang lagi; careful not to make it too salty. Madali na lang adjust kesa sa maalat.
Nasasarapan naman lagi mga kiddos, so I think lampas sa pasado ang luto.
Feeling ko may art ang pagluluto. Di pwedeng mechanical (like following a cookbook); kelangan may “amore”. hehe

Agree! Tweaking the recipe until you get the results you want.

Tapos when you have perfected it you can make different versions of it, nate tweak mo based on what others want as well.

1 Like

Pasta sauces. Puttanesca, olive oil + (insert protein here), Filipino style.

Practice makes perfect talaga. Also, accepting the fact that some people have different palates than you (ie. maalat magtimpla, etc), so you have to be prepared that they will put in something sa niluto mo.

1 Like

Adobo. No need to measure anything. Put them all together and voila, alam mo na ang saktong lasa.

Kapag ni-request ulit ni hubby na gawin ko. Like every week, alam ko na pasado na sa kanya … Curry, chicken or pork katsu, chicken piccata, chicken marsala, anything pesto

1 Like