What is your love language

Act of service > Quality time > words of affirmation

Pag pinagluto ako ng pagkain ng SO ko, sobrang saya ko. Kahit sobrang sama ng lasa ng niluto, basta para sakin, inuubos ko.

2 Likes

I feel you @constipated_jerk and @lastboyonearth

I fell in the curse of falling in love with just reading text messages and goood mornings and lambingan aka action words. I tend to cling to words. Agree, emojis and replies matter A LOT.
Gosh, falling in love with texts (Note: no physical relationship) . Glad to be over and done with that chapter.

@AvA I tend to want to do grand gestures. Yung mapapaiyak yung makakatanggap. Yung effort kung effort (I once went to a far away church, my first time to ride a bus alone outside metro manila because he always loved that church and he said that is where he would marry me. I shot a video tour and sent it to him, left a love letter under the pew for him to find)

@insane_pauper kiliti is our current love language hahahaha. And lots of laughter :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I think my love languages have, as their theme, presence. If someone is dear to me, be it a friend and/or lover, I want to make them feel, ā€œHey, Iā€™m here. Iā€™m completely here, for you.ā€ Physical touch is how I make it more clear. Itā€™s a different high for me, when I figure out the personā€™s pleasures. The microreactions that are so rich in meaning.

And quality time that is quantity time, too. I want to have a treasure loot of shared experiences and memories. Moreso, the seemingly ordinary that become celebrated. Bingeing together on a series, and gasping/tearing up/groaning at the same time, over the same scenes. Waiting for a flight, sitting next to each other, watching people. Doing groceries, waiting in line to check out, and approving each otherā€™s sneaked-in, inessential items - a chocolate bar, or some absurdly-flavored chips. These love trinkets and what-notā€™s can only be accumulated with time

3 Likes

Hmmmm I like preparing food. And on the other hand gusto ko yung hinahatid sundo ako. hihi :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love doing errands together, it just feels good to have someone na while you are doing things as individuals, you also do as a couple.

And now more than ever, sharing ANY meal together. We always pray and hold hands kahit ice cream pa yan. Kaya I look forward to us eating together physically or kahit videocall this COVID season

3 Likes

@moonflower may stage ako nung HS (late 90s) na ang gift ko sa mga friends ko sa debut are handmade explosion box (na hinde ko alam na yun pala ang tawag dun kase wala pang google masyado) :smash: then on my parentā€™s 30th wedding anniv i flew the entire fam to palawan to celebrate. Mga ganyan pero now naka focus na ako sa anak ko :heart:

3 Likes

IMHO, as one matures, one has to master the different love languages. Each person in your life has a different love language. By learning each language by heart, you are able to express affection in a deeper more meaningful way.

I appreciate it the most when I am given quality time and words of affirmation. I also respond well to acts of service and physical touch because those are my love language. I love to use all 5 love languages depending on the situation. Sometimes physical touch is enough like giving a hug and not saying anything at all. For as long as two people are emotionally in sync, any love language will work.

5 Likes

Acts of service: 26%
Physical touch: 23%
Quality time: 23%
Receiving gifts: 17%
Words of affirmation: 13%

If i took the time to do something for you, despite my busy schedule that means you matter to me. I cook for people i love, which is also the reason why some dishes are off limits after a breakup :embarasslaff: (e.g. mango tiramisu, tuna pasta, etc. )

Iā€™m super touchy :hahaha:

But i like giving gifts to people i care about, even if thereā€™s no occasion

2 Likes

Mukhang masarap nga mga luto mo @ninibeLLes. Sad lang nung off limits ang some food items kapag may break up :huhuhu:

@moonflower i mean i still make them from time to time but i get sad na. Or may moratorium muna bago ko lutuin uli.

I learned how to cook for my 1st ex fiance
I learned how to bake to get over my 2nd ex fiance
Sa 3rd exā€¦ hmmm. Cooking pa rin is helping me stay sane.

:charing:

2 Likes

Quality Time - I love conversations with my SO. Magpapakuwento ako about his childhood or minsan magtatanong kung kamusta araw nya. Bawal mag phone pag kausap ako. Either magphone ka muna bago mo ako kausapin or mag phone ka later.

Physical Touch - I love to hold hands. :hhww:

1 Like

I find holding hands more intimate than kissing on some days :blush:

I really look forward to the kwentos as the day ends :two_hearts:

1 Like

Time - I accompany him to the salon/ barber or just driving around town, to his clients, etc. when Iā€™m free. Because he is a creature of habit (like me), I try and go with him for his personal errands and do the things he likes or needs to do. He tells me he likes having me in the car with him. :heart:

Medyo malala, but I scored equally on all five languages when I took it years ago (when I still had a boyfriend). Haha narealize ko nga after the factā€¦ baka kaya siya nahirapan sakin kasi Iā€™m expecting on all fronts :sweat_smile:

Usually my love language is through food. Right now na-fefeel ko Iā€™m the Asian stereotype who always asks, ā€œHave have you eaten?ā€

I also prefer a nice kwentuhan at the end of the day with the hubby with some cuddles. Love cuddles lalo na with my little guys. Tanggal stress.

2 Likes

I took the quiz, and here is the result:
Acts of Service 37%
Words of Affirmation 30%
Quality Time 17%
Physical Touch 13%
Receiving Gifts 3%

I actually have an idea kung ano ang top two ko even before I took the quiz. I do appreciate my husband because he seems to know what I need. He knows that I donā€™t want expensive gifts, but I value more the small things pero pinagisipan, yung alam niyang matagal ko nang gusto, or something useful na namention kong gusto kong bilhin. Even if it is just paintbrushes or palette for my painting. I also feel kilig when he remembers small details. Like nung nagdadate pa lang kami, namention ko yung favorite flower ko once. I didnā€™t think he would remember it. But he did and he made sure itā€™s what he got me for my birthday and our anniversary. Tapos ngayong kasal na kami, he still remembers little things I say, kahit pahaging lang. (minsan kasi akala ko hindi siya nakikinig :lol:) Like last month sabi ko ok siguro magbath para marelax. Kaso gusto ko yung tub sobrang linis. The next day, after he got home from work, he cleaned the tub. Nagulat na lang ako na tinawag nya ako ready na yung tub with warm water, bubbles and bath salt. :blush:

About the physical touch, kaya siguro 13% lang, is because I grew up not being really affectionate with my parents. We didnā€™t hug much.
Kiss lang pag aalis ng bahay. But I still like it pag bigla na lang maghug or kiss si hubby. Itā€™s a nice surprise every now and then. :heartpump:

2 Likes

Pag pinalo kita, mahal kitaā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

@Kuo_Chun

Parang bdsm ata yan :rofl:

You say it like itā€™s a bad thing,ā€¦ :
:rofl:

Quality time and acts of service