Sinong may career ngayon na iba sa course nung kolehiyo?

Sinong may career ngayon na iba sa course nung kolehiyo?
Did your first choice become your final answer?
Did you change your mind voluntarily or did life make the
decision for you?

1 Like

:raised_hand:

No.

Life decided for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Took BS ECE tapos shifted to B LIS, nag drop-out then ngayon I’m working as a Computer Programmer :smiley: This is my hobby though since grade school

1 Like

Currently working at retail in the US.

I studied CE, then shifted to Lib Sci.

Took up work as an call center agent before migrating to the US.

I know BPO isn’t the industry for me. I suck at hitting sales target.

Then I moved to the US, and found out that retail the complete opposite of the BPO industry.

1. Less micromanaging
  2. No sales metrics.
  3. Overtime is automated. All your extra hours is automatically reflected in the pay stub.
  4. Managers take the bulk of the dirty work. All your escalation concerns are properly dealt with.

I had to leave my life in the Philippines though. So still a tough choice.

1 Like

Studied OrCom, now a website content manager. Somehow related but with IT skills.

1 Like

I took up HE and ended up in Corporate Sales. Never had a work experience related to my university degree. It was my choice because I needed to earn more (breadwinner ako nun).

I would still want to pursue further studies in HE but I am not sure if it is too late.

1 Like

Took up Film tapos I’m now in a civil construction firm.

1. First choice wasn’t the final answer.
  2. Life made the decision for me. Met my current boss because he was a new neighbor that needed help.
1 Like

wow! what’s your role in that firm?

1 Like

I manage the China office of the firm. Yung production management skills ko naging useful. You also manage projects, people, deliverables.

1 Like

That’s so cool!! I’m really glad life made the decision for you and you’re happy with it :slight_smile:
The reason I’m interested is because I’m a CE grad with a passion for film! Lol

1 Like

Graduated community nutrition sa UPD. Now, working on malaria.

1 Like

Took Community Nutrition. Wanted to work in Public Health Nutrition field so I joined an NGO. The head of the NGO wanted me to focus on other field because ‘mas may malaking malnutrition ang Pilipinas.’ Worked with the IPs instead before moving to corporate world. Sa Corporate, I focused on CSR on programs on education, environment and livelihood. Wala pa ring nutrition. Haha. Working on sustainability and corporate strategy. Minsan talaga, things won’t go as you planned, pero you just have to go with the flow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:wave:

Took up BA Broadcast Communication.
Now in the medical profession.
4 kami sa org na ganun (different batches) :grin:

2 Likes

Hala, baliktad tayo! Well, I burned out in the industry (physically and mentally, plus the pay was shite), I needed a breather and that breather turned out to be the last 14 years of my life.

1 Like

Comm Res but I ended up in IT

1 Like

Political Science and Law, ended up in the Music Industry.

2 Likes

Business Econ ended up in Health Care.

1 Like

Architecture na nagplan magsideline sa BPO pero napromote ng napromote and 17yrs after more or less nasa same field, different role lang.

I got sidelined early on, hinde ako pang front facing, wala sa personality ko mag smile and magpakahelpful kaya napunta sa business planning and analytics. Super nakatulong ang backgroung sa project management and all those math classes. Until now nagtataka ako how I got here when I failed Math 11 twice :smash: tapos ang team ko mga math major, engg, stat :lol: but no doubt I learn from all of them.

1 Like

Took Bio, supposedly as premed. I dreamt of becoming an OB-Gyne.
Got kicked out.
Finished Psych in another university.
Now in the adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights scene.
And back in UP, for graduate studies.
(This is a ridiculously oversimplified version of the story.)

3 Likes

Journalism but ended up in IT. SAP specifically.

1 Like