Saying good bye in the time of COVID-19

How do you say goodbye to loved ones who died during this pandemic whether due to COVID-19 or other illnesses?

In one week, I lost two of my closest friends. Both of whom not related to COVID.

No wake was held. No necrological services offered.

It’s just so hard.

3 Likes

I had a couple of fam friends who passed away recently. One passed away days ago and not COVID-related.

Ang hirap. You wanted to do the default visit the wake or send flowers or what pero mahirap. Virtual yung goodbye. It hurts even more you can’t be physically be there for the family nung naiwan.

3 Likes

My condolences go out to all of you… the pain is even more unimaginable during these times

And some wouldn’t have opted for cremation for their loved ones, but had to…

2 Likes

@Pammie My condolences :frowning:

My uncle died of cardiac arrest about two weeks ago. He also tested positive for COVID-19. We attended his wake on Zoom. I never liked that uncle so I wasn’t terribly sad or anything. Was more worried for my cousins and aunt. It still felt so unreal though.

1 Like

Condolences. I don’t know how but grieving is vital. Maybe you can do it the way your heart says so. Pay your last respects even if there is no wake. Write your heartfelt message and utter it in prayers.

I don’t know how saying goodbye should be done in any situation. Please don’t forget to take care of yourself during this hard time.

Virtual hug to you if you may…

3 Likes

I don’t know what to say. So I’ll just offer my virtual hugs :hugging:

1 Like

My condolences and a virtual hug for you.

Our prayers and wishes to you and your uncle’s fam.

1 Like

Thanks @cloud_pillow @mimi @vaninay. That means a lot. This pandemic is very cruel. I mean, death is a given but it doesn’t even give us the chance to grieve properly :cry:

3 Likes

Condolences, @itachi. Whether family or friends, the hurt and grief we experience are the same.

No one deserves this kind of pain but we have no choice but to endure it.

1 Like

Oh no. I’m sorry for your loss. It must be hard.

My grand aunt died suddenly this morning. Wala naman daw hinaing prior but she kept talking about my grandma who died in September last year (they were best cousins). She was 82.

1 Like