On Death and Dying

I believe in life after death. I’m not scared to die because in my mind, if it’s my time to go, then its time. My life isn’t mine.
But I hope when I do, that my family and those closest to be would be ready for the reality of my death.
I promised my mom that I will not pass away ahead of her.
That is the worst thing any parent could go through.

Unfortunately it’s not in our hands to give a promise :frowning:

I used to think that death is a topic of old sickly people. I was so damn wrong.

I’m a doctor, and seeing YOUNG patients die - they do not have a family history of diseases, they do not smoke/drink/do drugs, they run, thry exercise, they do healthy eating.

They are in their 20s and 30s. Waaay younger than me. I have never seen an ICU be filled with people younger than me :sad:

That was a real wake up call, you can die, whether you like it or not. And you have to make the most of your life, every second of it.

It’s not a comforting truth, but it is a realistic one.
One we can live by, praying everyday to be able to breathe another breath tomorrow.

But of course, I really hope you dont die ahead of your parents :slight_smile:

Well ika nga nila, we die twice. The second time is when our names are spoken for one last time…

1 Like

I had a near-death experience during my freshman year in UP. Nasa bus ako with this drunk cop who picked a fight with the conductor and brandished his gun–pointing straight at me. People were screaming. Good thing his companion pushed him out of the bus. Otherwise, wala na siguro ako ngayon.

Since then, when I wake up every day, I tell myself na handa na akong mamatay.

1 Like

If it’s a holographic will which is a will entirely written, dated and signed by you, you don’t need a witness.

If the will isn’t entirely written, dated and signed by the person making the will (if it’s computerized and printed), then the signing of the will must be witnessed by at least three people who must sign on each page of the will. There are many other formalities if it’s going to be recognized in court, so if you have the time, better to just write it entirely. Just leave other evidence of your handwriting so it’s easy to compare the handwriting in court later on.

If ang question is okay ba na witness ang family sa paggawa ng will, I’d say depende sa relationship niyo at sa ipapamana mo. haha JK

Haven’t made a will yet. Funeral plan na lang muna. :embarasslaff:

1 Like

I honestly don’t want to be reincarnated in another form. But I do believe that you’ll be someone/something else once you’re dead.

Yes! I have a ‘When I die” file - with my will, list of accounts, pati ata playlist sa wake. Pero napansin ko nagbabago wishes ko every time a relative dies, so this file needs to be reviewed and updated annually.

I’m currently in a sad situation where a friend is actually dying. May taning na siya. Ngayon ko lang ito naexperience and ang hirap talaga :pensive: How do you deal with it?

Hmmn… I’m sorry your friend has limited time left.

Suggestions are:

Dont treat him/her as dying, all dying people do not want pity and sadness in their remaining time

Ask them what are their thoughts and feelings, sometimes sharing can be a catharsis

Dont count how many days are left, make each day matter most

Ask for habilin, if there are any? And if you are trusted with those information

Pray :slight_smile: