Martial Arts Thread

Tried taekwondo, judo, and brazilian jiu jitsu.

Since ECQ, been looking sa web kung merong tutorials of different martial arts.

Ano bang martial arts na okay i-explore

1 Like

Mas trip ko yung namamalo at nananaksak :grimacing:

1 Like

Krav Maga at Arnis (Balintawak Escrima variant) pinapraktis ko. Marami tutorials sa web. Pero syempre yung mga recommended ko yung mga paid premium content (e.g., maxkramaga, nickelstick academy) Needless to say, nothing beats a proper dojo and qualified trainers of course

2 Likes

Arnis and Judo

1 Like

jiujitsu!

2 Likes

never had any sort of consistent training in this for one reason or another.

wondering what would be worth getting into considering my current circumstances (age, mobility, budget, amount of free time, etc)

1 Like

If you’re doing it for fitness reasons, just find a boxing/kickboxing gym, classes or personal trainer. You’re not going to be Lomachenko or Saenchai, you’re not gonna fire flashy kicks like Japoy Lizardo, but you will get cardio training and learn to strike too.

BJJ will really bulk up* your muscles pero it adds more aggregate wear-and-tear on your joints. Consider that when you roll (ie., BJJ “sparring”) you are using your hips, leg sockets, and neck a lot. Tapos there’s the weight of one other guy straining on you.

In other news, I’m really curious as to the future of BJJ in a post-COVID19 world. Parang di siya isafe ipractice until a vaccine is available. Any thoughts from BJJ guys here?

* Though I know some BJJ guys, brown belt to black belt, who didn’t really bulk up. Mas madali lang mag build ng muscle mass if you’re wrestling people on a regular basis too.

2 Likes

sino nagroroll/ bjj here?

1 Like

Arnis on and off for a few years. And aikido one summer.

Took tae kwon do in grade school for a few months so I only got to yellow belt. :embarasslaff: Then one sem PE 2 in college. Been meaning to practice again but I don’t know where to go. Iffy rin ako mag-spar so I don’t think I’ll get anywhere even if I do start practicing again. Ano bang martial arts yung walang sparring :shy: