I need to sleep, any suggestions?

Another night, not sleepy. Trying this out.

2 Likes

@UniquelyMe Is it more of an issue of initiating or maintaining sleep? How many hours do you usually get? Do you wake up refreshed when you get at least 8 hours of sleep or still feel tired? Do you snore? Is it mainly because of intrusive/racing thoughts? So many questions :embarasslaff:

Have you tried Unisom or Benadryl at night? What about Magnesium supplements at night?
Are you exercising? Relatively healthy diet? (Cut out processed carbs, implement plant based diet, drinking at least 1.5-2L water)
Reading a non-fiction book (this usually puts me to sleep lol)
Google sleep hygiene and see if you’re implementing all the tips in there.

+1 Relaxation/yoga/meditation apps and Psych podcast above. If nothing else, seek professional help na haha.

2 Likes

@Jane initiating sleep, I wake up refreshed after 7-8hrs, I’m told I snore but it’s not sleep apnea.
I’ve tried Benadryl, it leaves me drowsy in the morning, sluggish brain, di ko gusto.
I’ve tried magnesium supplements, parang wala lang.

Yes, I have bad sleep hygiene. I need to fix it.

2 Likes

@UniquelyMe nag cacaffeine ka ba? don’t have caffeine after 2pm daw. Also, exercising mga 3-4 hours before sleeping works for some people. plakda agad.

1 Like

I’ve tried Benadryl. Okay siya nung first 2 nights. I had 8 uninterrupted hours of sleep. Nung 3rd night ko na, wala nang effect. I also felt groggy the next day.

Nag-chelated magnesium na rin ako, di rin umepekto. I have yet to try melatonin supplements.

Has anybody tried ZzzQuil?

1 Like

If you’re into crystals, rose quartz and amethyst might help. No scientific basis pero ok din at the very least as placebo. Make sure to cleanse! :happy:

@selenakyle this is next to my bed, I made it myself, but not for sleep :grin:

3 Likes

Surfing Peyups and I cannot sleep

Put or set phone on sleep mode at certain times. Mine is from 1am to 9am since pang hapon naman work ko. It helps when your gadgets are away from your bed. Kahit sa paanan ng bed during the time you’re trying to sleep.

Advice ng doctor ko dapat mag slowdown or stop na ang trabaho at gadgets from 6pm pa lang so that the organs can rest.