Graduate studies in UP

While that would be great, it would be troublesome for the teachers who have to go on campus just for the grad classes. Especially ngayong uncertain kung ECQ or GCQ ulit in the next three weeks. Yung absence pa ng public transportation :sob: Tataas din COVID exposure risk niyong lahat :scream:

I think mas conducive and advantageous nga ang e-/distance learning for grad school kasi most students are professionals/working already.

1 Like

Hopefully manormalize na yung remote grad school classes even after this pandemic is over. With the occasional face face to classes na lang seguro (maybe once or twice a month). Grabe din ang traffic kahit dati pa. Kapagod din magcommute to UP from work.

I would agree that remote setups should be integrated to graduate studies but not all programs can be taught online. For me it is much better to have more F2F classes than online classes.

As a graduate student, I prefer F2F classes with interactions with your professor. It just feels different talking to your prof in person compared to talking/chatting via your gadget. Online classes also make learning look like ‘working remotely’, making it feel like a chore.

2 Likes