Friends with Exes

i only have one ex. we were best friends until we decided to become a couple. we were together since 3rd year HS and lasted for more than 7 years. nung nagbreak kami, it was quite messy since we had the same set of friends. he cut off all communications with me and all mutual friends until two years after the breakup. sya ang unang lumapit para makipag-ayos. i was in a better place then with my then bf at nanghihinayang din ako sa friendship kaya nakipagbati na rin ako. text text, kwentuhan ulit. nanghingi pa ng advice tungkol dun sa girl na type nya. so ako naman si payo. nung maging sila, hindi na ulit nagparamdam 🤷 we’re friends in FB pero inunfollow ko sya kaya minsan lang ako makarinig ng balita.

recently i learned that he got married to the girl na hiningi nya ng payo sa akin and that none of his HS and college friends were invited and that hindi nya kinukwento sa wife nya yung nakaraan nya even when asked. so sa akin, if he doesn’t want to have to do anything with me, hindi ko ipipilit sarili ko sa kanya :tongue:

both are still close friends and confidants. then ninang pa ko ng mga anak nila.
when i tell this to some people, they think i’m crazy for still continuing the friendship with my exes. :woman_shrugging:
good thing madami-dami naman pala tayo. haha.

1 Like

Lol no. Now that i think about it i doubt na we were ever friends to begin with.

1 Like

No! Bayaran niya muna utang niya!!!

4 Likes

No way.

1 Like

They cut ties with me. Sila nakipag-break pero sila mambo-block.

Lol. Labo.

3 Likes

Eh? Kahit nung naging kayo? That is kinda sad :pensive:

On topic: I don’t have any exes so… :rofl:

Not really, I don’t think it’s sad. I mean majority of the pre GF-BF days he was a superior so we weren’t exactly hanging out. And when we did get together, it was short-lived so we didn’t really have enough time to actually develop a friendship that would survive a romantic implosion. :shrug:

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t really have a lot of relationship experience so I just assumed that some level of friendship is a given.

I had a very bad breakup with my cheater ex. Simply put it, i cut ties.

But I tried to be on speaking terms at least. But sadly, she lashed out on me on Twitter and I had to fight back. So lalong hindi naging maayos. Hahaha

2 Likes

I personally choose to cut off ties completely but if situations arise that I see an ex, I practice civility. It’s important to find closure or get closer. I don’t believe in maintaining friendships with an ex especially now that I made a commitment to my wife. I choose to focus on our relationship and not allow any emotional distractions( piece of advise: stop looking at their social media accounts! ) Protect your relationship by avoiding temptations. Magkaka problema ka lang sa bagay na ito if you haven’t really let go of that ex, as in 100% let go.

2 Likes

Ika nga sa math, cannot be, borrow one!

But much of it depends on how the relationship ended. The more civil or mutual it was, being friends with ex can be no big deal.

2 Likes

Not friends with any of them. First ex which I had a 6-year relationship with, we reconnected through chat I think around 9 years after the break up. When I asked him kung alam ng wife (reason why we did not end up together, another story) nya na we were talking and he said no, I decided to distance myself from him again.

2nd ex, no communication whatsoever. Kasal na rin sya.

3rd which was my little boy’s father i decided to cut ties completely. No communication even regarding my child. Opportunistic ang loko.

So no, hindi ako friends with any of my exes but I am okay with it.

6 Likes

I used to be friends, really good friends with my first ex, until she got together with her current gf. Baka may issue si gf sa amin. Cool lang. Then I have a couple exes who I check up with and vice versa every now and then, maybe twice a year or so.

But exes with whom I’ve had bad breakups with, dedma foreverrrrr.

1 Like

My sister-in-law is the same. 11 years pa sila, at nag-asawa pa bago mag-divorce. Friends pa rin sila, pati sa bago nyang asawa ngayon. Her husband even goes dun sa ex nya kapag kailangan nya ng handyman work. Even kami, madalas sa bahay nila. He’s super close sa kids ng sister-in-law ko, especially dun sa panganay (kahit ipinagbuntis din ni sis-in-law nung sila pa ni ex).

1 Like

There’s a saying na kaya mo na to be friends with the exes kasi you’re over it na. So why the hell not? Im okay with it. Sa mga gusto makipag friends, sure :joy:

2 Likes

I’m civil with most of them, I greet pag birthday nila but that’s pretty much the kind of contact I have with them :smile:

1 Like

We used to be. Pero binlock niya ako sa Facebook. E ‘di ‘wag. :rotfl:

1 Like

I tried to still be friends with him (i was young and i thought i still wanted him to be part of my life :embarasslaff:) pero same ^ hahahahaha binlock rin ako sa Facebook eh and we were graduating so busy na di na nagkasalubong at all sa campus so :shrug:

1 Like

Nope. We saw each other again about 7 years after we broke up, but we were all business-like and curt. Simple hi and hello lang. Kahit sa FB or dating Friendster hindi.

1 Like