First job and first paycheck?

4000/mo., news writer for DWLA 105.9 fm. Yeah. It didn’t last.

Saan 'yung market research agency na nag-offer ng 20k in 2010??? Haha. Mataas 'yun ha. Mostly 15-18k ang entry level salaries noon for research associates sa mga narinig ko. May P12k pa nga daw eh.

Market research din first job ko! 2010, 16k. Medyo mababa starting salary sa company na 'yun pero mabilis promotions saka yearly ang increase. Wala na ako sa MR, nasa gobyerno na ako haha pero nagtagal ako sa ahensiya life ng 5 years.

1 Like

Hello @kepler_06 ! Nielsen, I think one of the highest nga sya for entry-level among the agencies back then, not sure now :hihi:

2 Likes

Analyst in one of the commercial banks in Makati. Salary was 8.5k. Jalijip everyday for lunch. :slightly_smiling_face: This was back in 2003. Only stayed for 4 months.

UPCAT lecturer when I was still in college. 300/hour pa ang rate nun and malaking amount na sya for me. It works well if you’re taking summer classes because you have plenty of downtime.

Project Documentor sa isang NGO na based sa UP Village. Mga 10k ang first salary. Gave them to the parents.

Working student, service crew sa greenwich, 2500 ata una ko sweldo

It was April '00 when I arrived in the US. Through my mom’s friend I got a part time retail job at a Hallmark store paying $5.50 per hour. Fun times :beers:

Hindi ko na maalala kung ano yung actual TOR :sweat_smile: My former professor just recruited me for the job straight out of graduation :laughing: But for that particular job, I built a web GIS app for sharing data (for internal PRRC use) about the Pasig River (parcels, water quality levels, etc). So mostly web development siya but applied to geospatial. If I recall correctly, I used the OpenGeo Stack (Geoserver, GeoExt, and PostGIS).

Ano pala background mo? I’d say get a solid grasp of the fundamentals of geo (datums, projections, data formats, etc). There are some really easy to use tools now (QGIS, Geopandas, etc) pero it’s really easy to make mistakes (use the wrong projections, ignore the geometry of the earth, etc) if you don’t know your fundamentals and you’ll end up making bad decisions.

No worries. You can message me directly though I’d prefer na gumawa ka ng ibang topic sa Science, Computers & Technology for more in-depth discussions so others can learn, too. :smiley: (and we don’t hijack this thread :rofl:)

1 Like

Part time sa call center para hindi palamunin while figuring out what I wanted to do with my life - nasa 6k/month yung sweldo iirc.

TSR for Apple Portables sa PeopleSupport Cebu. 12K pa 'ata starting nun.

Tutor for a month. P1000 ang bayad.

naging SA sa dorm, 2K/mo + free accommodation yata. di ko maalala yung ginawa ko sa first paycheck kasi nishe-share ko na sa kanila yung stipend ko before ako naging SA.

Not counting ang salary during SA days na P1500, my first paycheck sa work ko sa NGO was P11,500 - which was quite high actually for an NGO. Super toxic nga Lang and no one stayed for more than 5 months sa post ko. I ended up staying for 5 years sa selfless job na to. When I joined the corporate world after, nanibago ako hindi lang sa paycheck kundi sa additional time for social life. :smiley: I never regret any of it though.

2 Likes

Started work in 2006 as a researcher for the PNP’s good governance program. Wala silang ma-hire and I was considered a “prized” recruit kasi fresh graduate from UP. I was paid P15k per month with free lunch and snacks. :sweat_smile:

Assistant Research and Development Engineer, 2012 - around 25k.

Pinangbili ko ng nintendo 3ds yung first sweldo ko.

2008 - part time tech support for convergys - around 8k to 14k depende sa dami ng overtime

Web Assistant sa Malacanan - 12k/mo

:open_mouth: What does a web assistant at Malacañang do?

I used to maintain the gov.ph website before, checking for bugs, adding links, etc. That was Arroyo’s term pa. Wala pang 2 mos ako tumagal sa work. :laugh:

2 Likes