Family Ties: The Way She Smiles

I walked into the room and she looked up and instantly recognized me. She flashed her widest smile and literally jumped for joy. How can you not love her back the same way she loves you.

She has a way with people. She smiles and they smile back at her. People come up and talk to her. They comment on her clothes or her smile just to break the ice. I quietly smile and allow her to take the centerstage. She mostly likes all the attention. She turns to me when she wants to have some quiet time.

I remember the first time I saw her. She didn’t mind me or even acknowledged my presence. She was busy with her stuff. Even then she was the center of attention and the star of the show. Everybody was waiting for her and so was I. I must admit that I longed to see her. I always knew that she would change my life, tame my wild side and maybe even domesticate me. That she certainly did. She knew exactly what to do to get attention and everybody would scramble to meet her needs. What a primadonna!

I eventually got introduced to her and I immediately fell in love with her. Holding her hands gave me goosebumps. I took her picture and we also had another picture taken together with her mother. Her mother was too tired that night and I managed to spend some time with her alone.

After meeting her I spent the next few days following her around and looking at her from behind a glass window. It was so frustrating because I wanted to be beside her.

Today I see her almost everyday. We do a lot of things together. We went out for dinner the other day. She loves milky food. I will have to slowly introduce her to other cuisines. But right now that is the least of my worries. In life, change is constant and slowly our relationship will change. I look forward to that with fear, suspense and with quiet confidence. As my daughter grows up I know that my love for her will not wane.

Dalitolwan has changed my life and will continue to do so. I look forward to the father and daughter camping classes. The recitals, eating her latest creations from baking class, a challenging game of chess… and sometime in the future I will be ready to meet her first boyfriend.

####################
GPOV - is still semi retired. He is busy raising dalitolwan… the next generation of ISKOLARs. He spends his spare time with Dawan.

2 Likes