Can you recommend a quiet electric fan/air circulator?

We’re trying to cut down on our electric bills and we’ve identified our air conditioning unit as the primary culprit :laughing: So I bought a Vornado 533 and I’m actually quite happy with it. It’s really quiet but it’s kind of small and a bit expensive (3k). Thinking of getting the bigger version but it’s almost 6k :scream: Would just like to know if there are more economical alternatives or Vornado na ba talaga.

Not quite willing to bite the bullet and buy an inverter na AC as I’m just renting and I don’t want the hassle of having it installed during the pandemic. Thanks!

1 Like

I bit the bullet during the height of the dry season and bought a couple of inverter split-type ACs. Power consumption went down considerably afterwards.

1 Like

A bit torn on that. I’m just renting this condo unit and having to apply for all the permits and then have someone come over to install the AC seems like too much of a hassle and risk. I’m on the 18th floor of the building too so I don’t think I can DIY it :rofl: Especially during the pandemic.

There are window-type inverters. But they are noisier than the split-types. But because of what you said (paperworks & labor fees) you are also sadly limited in the choices that will likely fit the pre-existing AC slot.

1 Like