Baby names

Parents, care to share the history behind your kids’ names?

Future parents or furparents, what would you name your kids?

Ava - fave ko talaga, parang balanseng balanse

Lianna - may story to, my name and my sister’s name both starts with L. When we were kids, like 2nd yr hs ako and she was 5th grade we both decided we liked the name Lianna. Nagaaway kame who gets to use it. We drew up and signed a contract na whoever gets to have a girl first can use it. Dibs na 'to. She had a boy a few years after me so di naman sya nagtampo.

2 Likes

Nung nagbubuntis ako, the choice was either Paulo, in honor of a friend who was doing some brave stuff in East Timor, or M***, in honor of another friend who died fighting a different war. Gender na lang yung clincher. She came out a she, so M*** na.

1 Like

Charles from my hubby’s grandpa plus my dad’s name in English

Josef from watching too much JoKoy on YT while I was pregnant, used the F ending para trip

Still a good combo name kasi lahing German si mister

1 Like

We want a first name that starts with K, so we have 3 K names to choose from plus second names. We chose the name combination that best sounded good together. :lol: Same style applied to both kids.

2 Likes

For my future kids I am thinking of two names each. One of the names would be Filipino like Mayumi or Marikit for girls and then Alab or Alon for boys.

I also like Fides and Siobhan for girls; Lucas and Iñigo for boys.

My hubby’s name starts with N, and mine starts with L. So our two boys have NL as their initials. Ginawa namin talagang same number of letters as ours. Sabi ko kung girl, dapat LN. Pero parang ayaw ko na ng 3rd baby. :sweat_smile:

Also, we didn’t plan it but coincidentally, the name our first born is a derivative of my dad’s name. Galing lang.

Javier is what we were supposed to name our firstborn. Kaso nung nasa delivery room na kami, parang di yata bagay kaya we changed it to LM.

If we have another boy, we’ll probably go with something that sounds like a soccer player’s name like Andres or Juan, Spanish in origin.

3 Likes

Good choice parang hindi nga “Javier” si Little boy nyo. Hihi.

Kami dahil V si hubby and K ako, we decided na pag boy sa akin maging same ang initial and vice versa. Kaya naging K siya. His second name we’ve always liked it from the gospels.

2 Likes

:rotfl: I super agree! he looks more like “patootiekins” to me(right now) Javier is so may-ugat-ugat-sa-braso :muscle:

For mine, I had always known na his or her name must start with A para Alpha :embarasslaff:

For his middle name, I decided while still in college na if I ever had a son, I would name him Graham and his nickname would be “Gray”. But my husband opposed this kasi tatawagin daw “cracker” ng mga kaklase niya. And I was like, eh so? What’s wrong with cracker? Then he explained what cracker meant and I was like, OK, Gray nalang.

3 Likes

Ako naman J tapos si wifey K, so kaming mag-anak JKLM (coincidence na lang to). Pareho (or variant) yung second name si baby K and si baby big boy L.

Una sa pila pag first name basis (or at least sa company directory) :embarasslaff:

3 Likes

Yun lang ang mahirap sa pareho ang initials di ba? Yung hubby ko NN, so yung boys namin, NN din. :lol:

May mga kilala ba kayong may pattern ang baby names ex Uno, Dos, Thirdy? Yung kapatid ng lola ko, binuo nila yung EVANGELISTA. So nagplan talaga sila na ganun kadami ang anak. :lol:

@bestwithN meron ako kilala colors names nila. She’s Orange and kuyas nya sila Blue and Green :smile:

1 Like

@bestwithN I have friends na North South East and West. Meron din initials ng first born are ABC then yung kapatid is DEF and so on :lol:
Spices too, Onion and Ginger.

Kaming magkapatid A ako (eldest) Z kapatid ko para last hurrah

1 Like

Para kay panganay, natuwa kasi ako sa name na Martine nung nag-French 10 ako kaya yun second name niya. Yung first name naman niya I wanted something more common kasi medyo uncommon yung Martine. So naging common + uncommon (relatively, sa Pinas) yung pattern ng names ng 3 girls. Pagdating ni second bub, nanonood ako Amelie and during end credits nakita ko yung name na Amandine. Pagdating kay bunso, I wanted -ine suffix para may common sa kanilang 3. I chose Olivine dahil sa geo background ko. :smile:

Ayoko masyado unique na pangalan kasi ayoko matulad sila sa akin na pag nagpapakilala ang usual na kasunod pagkasabi ko ng pangalan ko ay, “huh?” or “ano?”

1 Like

Hindi pa ako buntis nun pero nanaginip ako na nag aaway raw kami ng ex so ko about naming our child (on hindsight, i shouldve taken that as a warning :embarasslaff: ) kasi gusto daw nya gawing junior si baby and i got so mad kasi nga baka magkaproblema sa NBI kapag kukuha ng clearance. :lol: Ayaw daw nya yung naisip ko na pangalan na Alexis. Sa sobrang galit ko raw, sabi ko sa dulo, “Pwes, ikaw ang magbuntis”

So anyway. Fast forward to half a year, i got pregnant na nga kaya all the time, akala ko boy si baby hahaha! Kaya Alexis talaga name nya. Yun pala girl. :stuck_out_tongue: Tapos 2nd name niya means kind, na later ko na narealize, na derivative pala ng name ng paternal lolo nya.

Uy same! 2nd name ni kiddo di ko napansin is from my lola’s name. I realized it when my aunt was explaining how to pronounce my kiddo’s name to another family member and she said, “just like Nanay’s”. Natuwa naman ako.

E bakit daw ayaw nya? :embarasslaff:

My son’s name is Hendrix. Because Purple Haze :grin:.

1 Like

Panaginip lang naman, gusto raw nya junior hahaha.

Pero nung totoo na akong nabuntis, Alexis talaga tawag namin kay baby, until we found out nung 7months na girl pala siya haha

When we were thinking baby names, one of the female names we were planning for a baby was Marie Therese.

My kid’s due date was the same as my late grandma’s birthday. My grandma’s name is Teresita. Tapos Marie Therese pala is the name of the child nina Marie Antoinette that survived into adulthood and she was also called “Madame Royale” so bongabelles if we had a daughter.

Fate had other plans so we had a Charles Josef.