Ang Huling El Bimbo, the Musical

may tagapila ka siguro :lol:

We don’t allow downloads here in Peyups ha, but if you meant streaming link, it was in YouTube but it expired na last night.

1 Like

Was supposed to watch this, no not the streaming one, but the live one. It was first shown last year (or was it 2 years) right? Anyway, read a review that it wasn’t really that good. Well song-wise, it was great but the story wasn’t really up to it.

i loved it - the nostalgia feels, the story line, and the free show.

1 Like

Yung nostalgia ang nagdala. Nakakamiss ang UP. Yung ibang songs halos di mo na makilala, if not for the lyrics. Nakakaiyak yung friendship breakup. Overall, okay lang.

University of Pila!

2 Likes

tagos sa akin iyong scene na kinanta iyong…

if we could only make it longer :sing:

1 Like

Still watching now… Kakaiyak un part dun sa dorm sa first act. Un bago pa lang sila magkakakilala. super relatable nun freshie pa lang ako…

2 Likes

Nostalgic talaga, I remember next day after watching AHEB live, we visited UPD, sarap ng feeling!

1 Like

bakit daw hindi bluebook ang gamit dun sa exam?
umiyak ako sa implication ng scene after Overdrive, before the interval.
nalungkot sa wrong decision to hide what happened, at sa pagtalikod nila kay Joy.

do you have a link? can you PM it to me please?

@TatlongE limited release lang sya, kaya di na gumagana yun link sa taas

I think part of the problem was they made a story out of one song - which isn’t bad in itself - but when you start to force not only plot and dialogue to conform to it, but also the rest of the EHeads’ songs, the result is what we got.

Look at Sa Wakas. It was by no means perfect and the plot was simpler, but it was more solid overall, at least for me.

Ako naman, I think di swak yung discography ng Eraserheads for a musical. Most of their songs are stories in themselves, so parang pilit na tagpi-tagpiin yung songs into one cohesive narrative. Imagine writing a book including songs like Spoliarium, Para Sa Masa, and Poorman’s Grave.

Sa Wakas worked better because Sugarfree’s songs are more introspective and evokes personal thoughts being articulated out loud (e.g. Mariposa, Kandila, Bawat Daan). Ang pinakapilit na song na yata dito is yung Dear Kuya.

4 Likes

Pansin ko lang… Wala ata sa story un Magasin :thinking:

i watched the last run. marami nabago. they did cuts to make the story telling crispier.

1 Like

I believe it’s there, but just a snippet

I was waiting for Hard to Believe but apparently it didn’t make it to the re-runs

I listen to the full songs (Magasin, Hard to Believe) in the official album

1 Like