Android or iOS?

True!

I Found that out later… wasn’t paying attention the first time, too excited

I have an Android phone, but a Mac laptop. I know, the iCloud is lost on me.

1 Like

I don’t have a hard time synching my devices. And I don’t like cloud storage, even if I live in the US with unli data and faster speeds. I prefer having physical, since I still have a very large music library and video library. Also, APKs, customization options - those are major selling factors for me. I even used to root before, which I enjoyed. I don’t anymore, but I like knowing I can if I want to (I know not with this phone though).

Like I said, it’s a personal preference. If iOS works for you, then good for you. Me though, I enjoy using Android more and don’t really like using iOS and so will likely not be shifting to the latter anytime soon.

1 Like

@itachi , you know me too well. Hahah.

Actually, yes, price to performance ratio would be the main reason. Imagine getting the the specs of flagship Samsung at around half the price. There are less cutting corners with the newer models actually. I think the strategy is to sell their other services and IoT with the phones as the entry point. Pero I have to say na maganda yung other gadgets and appliances nya.

Btw, I’m only talking about Xiaomi. Huawei is at the pricey end na rin. I can’t say much about Realme. Havent used one.

2 Likes

Stock defaults, iOS will always beat Android, be it AOSP or any of the stock ROMs of any manufacturer. Maganda talaga ang approach ng Apple sa UX/UI.

But if you’re geeky enough to learn, Android is the way to go. But go with a popular device built by a manufacturer that allows for unlocking the bootloader, so you can do crazy things with your phone. Hehe. Pero rabbit hole din ang custom ROMs ha, pag naadik ka. :joy:

2 Likes

I guess I’ll be the odd one here but … WINDOWS PHONE! Had a Lumia 820.

Srsly. Phone-wise, it just works like iOS but it’s more configurable & customizable like an Android. And I can live without having too many apps :smirk: heh.

1 Like

Had my Lumia 830 not failed me, I wouldn’t have gone the iPhone path. Had the best texting experience with my Lumia. Too bad ang daling nasira ng hardware. Less than a year, sira camera and yung capacitive touch sa bottom bezel. Overrated yung cameras ng latter Lumias tho.

On topic, sorry pero di ko gets kung bakit kahit on paper eh maganda yung lens and image sensor ng isang mid-range Android phone eh parang overly processed yung image? Or masyado lang akong biased? haha. I like my images to capture as close as how I see it with my naked eye pero pag Android gamit ko, parang laging halatang ‘edited’ with the super saturated colors. Sa phone, maganda tingnan pero pag nilipat mo sa PC/Mac, meh.

2 Likes

Depende sa camera app yan. If your camera also has the ability to capture in RAW, get that, kung ayaw mo talaga na walang processing.