ABS-CBN Shutdown

Or, maybe that’s why they didn’t get their franchise renewed in 2014 when Noynoy was at helm.

You’re contradicting yourself.

You’re saying it shouldn’t even get to on the president’s desk, and then a moment later you’re saying pass it anyway and just challenge it in court later?

I’m all for giving ABS-CBN a franchise, but only IF they satisfy everything on Calida’s QW petition and their “creative” accounting.

Then you misunderstand the point of the system, and think political capital is infinite. The straw man arguments are getting quite old.

1 Like

What doesn’t get old though is a lawyer who doesn’t care about violations.

Ika nga ni Justice Tijam, “law violators and law breakers are not entitled to a franchise”.

Justice Tijam, like I said, is a smart man.

Like Panelo, Calida and Roque.

Calida = Undefeated

Latest News: House of Representatives approves on 2nd reading House Bill No. 6732, granting ABS CBN a provisional franchise up to October 31, 2020

sabi nung isang taga ABS na ka-chat ko na there’s a sense na para lang daw ‘hostage situation’.
Stay of execution of sorts.

2 Likes

I guess the Quo Warranto is back in play.

The NTC has apologized to Congress.
NTC said it didn’t mean to disrespect Congress by ordering ABS-CBN’s shutdown: It was precisely NTC’s full respect and recognition for Congress’ sole prerogatives that led it to… conclude that it was legally bound to issue a CDO (cease and desist order).
EX9bA-uU4AU2KX3

1 Like

From a viewership POV: GMA-7 has gained, but there’s really a solid chunk of Kapamilyas who’d rather not watch TV (millennials esp resorted to the online platform). I suppose those from VisMin might not have any better choices, since GMA-7’s channel distribution/ signal quality in those regions is limited.
Screenshot_20200514-220838_LinkedIn

3 Likes

Day 1 of the Hearings :smiley:

Marcoleta is a beneficiary of another king-maker, the bloc-voting INC.

1 Like

He makes very good points though. He raised ALL the questions I wanted raised.

Although, I don’t really care so much about Gabby Lopez’s citizenship.

Today na ang botohan sa Congress re: ABS CBN Franchise renewal

Nervous about the outcome of the voting today. :cold_sweat:

“Patay na…” - Mel Tiangco :smiley:

I noticed na sa FB ko, daming nag se share ng incorrect information na naman about the legal issues involved.
Also, sana mag reap ng negative consequences in terms of reelection ang mga bumoto ng denial. very flimsy and idiotic reasons for their votes.

2 Likes

How are the reasons for the following idiotic?

1. Gabby Lopez’s allegiance to the USA.
  2. Foreign PDRs having all the characteristics of ownership.

Maybe congress should abolish the following agencies (DOJ, BIR and SEC) for being more “idiotic” than them.

Imagine DOJ and SEC with its thousands of lawyers being fooled into thinking and declaring Lopez is a Filipino despite being unable to recite Panatang Makabayan and that PDRs are illegal! How dare they!

2 Likes

Let me ask you another question: What exactly is meant by “allegiance” and ano signifance niya in terms of an entity’s application for a franchise renewal given that Gabby Lopez is not the sole owner of the entity?

Specially when, as @Yatta said above, both the DOJ and SEC agreed that Gabby Lopez is 100% Filipino and even Enrile’s legal opinion says he is qualified to hold his position as chairman emeritus of the company.