Why Are You Still Single?

Sa Pilipinas? Ang lalaking matagal nang single, “bading”. Which is another toxic part of our culture. Hindi ko alam, bakit nakikialam yung mga tao sa relationship status ng iba. It’s supposed to be a private thing.

3 Likes

Karma siguro

2 Likes

I’m choosy. I date girls every so often and they always end up with me doing a :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I wonder what kind of women you date though, enough to warrant successive :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

I have a very nerdy personality & I don’t mean to say they have to match my intellect (but if they can surpass it, then great!), I could get down-to-earth naman & sometimes, all it takes is wit, or maybe at least we complement each other. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

@Hardboiled Where and how do you meet your disappointing dates ba? (Nosy tita mode) :biglaugh:

2 Likes

:lurk:
mange-ngealam lang ng slight regarding the ‘common’ comment na “hirap sila makahanap ng mas or kasing talino nila”

it kinda seems that you may be setting yourself up a bit due to that view.
i’ve realized na madami kasing areas ng husay/galing/talino e.

might be more ideal if we focus less on what’d be a deal breaker as opposed to if having that person as your partner equates to a net positive or not based on how your respective intelligence’s merge within the same existence

also, mag-inarte ng ayon sa tikas/ganda :rotflmao:

TLDR: if big picture eh mas masaya kang nasa buhay mo yung tao considering everything, then things can maybe be made to work

7 Likes

This might be true. My thesis adviser has advanced degrees in the social sciences, and is an international lecturer, but the partner is a construction worker who didn’t even reach high school. They’re vv happy.

8 Likes

great example.

more, how strengths complement through life
less, how you are different from others

EDIT: i-mention ko na din pala that it is also perfectly fine to simply be content with being with yourself

5 Likes

I totally ignored this societal requirement. Goal is to improve the species. :laugh:

5 Likes

nag aantay na may dumating pero too lazy to meet new people

3 Likes

:hahaha:
valid point though. may even merit another thread discussing it :winking:

Which–the idea of punching above your weight?

OnT: Don’t settle! hold out for the one you really want. I don’t think matutuwa yung tao if malaman nila na safe bet mo lang sila… and because you valued yourself so low and he or she happened to equal that low valuation :smash:

6 Likes

I used to wait too. To have friends arrange for blind dates/reto. To wait for someone to talk to me in the cafeteria/coffee shop.

But I’m done waiting. I needed to actively look. That’s just my decision, I cant just wait.

Tadhana needed help. I rallied heaven with prayers and I enjoyed dating around. Digital world helped me too (I owe Tinder a lot).

Found my best match. After 10+ different people, trial and error. Dating also helped me update and realize what I want and what I do not want in life :jumping:

3 Likes

My friend who assumed that I am/was his bestfriend (lol) said that I’m asexual since I do not have any crush on someone. Hindi ba pwedeng kung may magustuhan man e wala ring panligaw hahahaha. Anong gagawin ko, gagastusin pera ng magulang ko? Gamitin ang pera galing sa scholarship? Wala pa rin naman akong maipagmamalaki as of now :lol:

oof sorry ang bata ko pa ata para dito :lol:

Just got single again haha. Well, 3 weeks ago pala. This whole quarantine shit is such a bitch.

I am too lazy to go out, date, and marry.

mahal naman daw pero di napipili #saklaplife :cry: :cry: :cry:

Madali akong ma-fall. Madali din akong iniiwan. :3

^ Ok lang yan. Shailene Woodley at Giselle Bundchen nga iniwan e