Pano kung ka-DDS ang mahal mo sa buhay?

OMG my mom and youngest brother are too! :bawling:

I couldnt stand it so I did something evil. Nung mawalan ng access ang nanay ko to her FB for some reason last year, I was the one who helped her regain access and tighten up security stuff. But I did more than that… I disinfected her feed. I also blocked DDS pages, yung mga spammy pages na need mag comment ng Amen and share ng mga images ni Jesus and Mama Mary or Buddha and gold bars (para dumami raw pera niya).

Then I made her follow Risa Hontiveros, Leni Robredo, yung mga showbiz personalities na hindi rabid or hardcore anti or pro but just gently critical lile Ogie Diaz, and other “educational” pages :joy: i mean Im sorry that I’m playing God lile I’m the Russian bots to her US 2016 elections but I cannot! She will forgive me… Now if only I can get ahold of my brother’s phone… :thinking:

9 Likes

Thankfully wala akong kilalang kamag-anak (na malapit) na solid DDS. :biglaugh: Tatay ko tho Marcos loyalist. Gaya nung ibang sagot inooohan ko na lang, tutal wala na rin naman syang paraan to “spread the word”.

Kung may jowa akong DDS, err wait. Wala pala kong magiging jowang ganun kasi to begin with, ekis na agad kung ganun. Yung ganung level ng toxicity ekis na agad in general.

Hahaha, you gave me an idea! Thank you! :grin:

1 Like

Turo mo sa kanila ang ibig sabihin ng whataboutism at false dichotomy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Eh ganun talaga eh.

Wala na tayong magagawa diyan kundi fix the problem sa root cause: HELP GET RID OF DU30

3 Likes

I also observed just based on my circle’s profile, not making hasty generalizations, there’s a high % of DDS among Iglesia ni Cristo and other smaller religious sects, among those from Davao (Mindanao for that matter), govt employees, Marcos supporters… many of them used to support the Aquino admin just because he was popular :rolleyes: when many of us knew he was promoted to a level above his competence.

1 Like

I cannot for the love of God comprehend talaga how people who claim to be Christian sit idly by while Duterte attacks their own faith. My immediate family (parents and bro) supports this regime, and they also bug about how I don’t go to church. I cannot reconcile they’re being devout with this loyalty to the president. Like that time Duts insulted Jesus Christ because He let Himself get crucified - that is the basic tenet of Christian theology. I really try to understand where they are coming from but I cannot find the logic. Okay lang sana kung maayos yung pagpapatakbo ng Pilipinas and he delivered on his campaign promises but it’s not there!

6 Likes

Its because they think it is justified killing kasi “addict”. An eye for an eye and all that. This administration’s toxic rhetoric has succeeded in embedding that in the masses’ psyche… the dehumanization of drug users to the point where people just got desensitized to the daily killings of their countrymen. So their conscience can still comfortably say: "well nanlaban, and he is an addict who can do much more harm alive than dead. So what’s the big deal. At least the streets are now safer. "

1 Like

My sister’s hubby (and his whole family). I love my bro-in-law. I don’t remember us disagreeing on anything! Pareho kami wavelength. Dito lang kami hindi nagkasundo. He’s intelligent, mataas ang EQ so I really don’t understand.

He’s the only DDS in my family (whom I care about) and I’ve accepted the fact that I cannot anymore change him. I worry about his kids though. I don’t want my cute pamangkins to grow up in (& possibly get influenced by) an environment that values machoshit & plain incompetence :pensive:

2 Likes

Good thing both of my parents are anti-Digong haha. Sa mga naka-date ko, none of them are DDS naman. Instant deal-breaker yun. I’d probably end up breaking up with her, if ever.

My parents are Duterte supporters but anti-China. So I gently steer conversations to China whenever the conversations get DDS feels.

I unfollowed (but not unfriended) some friends naman, especially those who regularly post copied memes (like Queen Elizabeth’s supposed message re undisciplined Filipinos blah blah). They don’t even fact check sheesh.

^most of them actually believe what they see in their feeds is the truth, so long as the fake news or manufactured lie aligns with their beliefs no fact-checking is needed…some even think it’s their patriotic duty to defend Duterte and to share everything that are in support of his actions and decisions so it defeats the purpose of any constructive discussion because they won’t be swayed otherwise…

OnT: I always make it a point to try to understand the way they think, can’t blame them if they have deep-seated beliefs…usually i disengage when discussions get heated and shift the topic to something else…it really takes patience and understanding…

My parents are super anti-Marcos pero super-DDS din kaya di ko magets :confused:

I try to stay away from the conversation pag binibida na nila si Duterte. Madalas kase umiinit agad ulo ko. Baka sisihin ko pa sila bakit nila kase ako pinaaral sa UP kaya tuloy ganito ako :rotfl:

My Ate graduated from UP so we’re great, pero it was neutralized by my Kuya because he’s constantly bullying me & is a keyboard warrior for Marcos. My younger two siblings are at least apathetic, although masaya ako kasi may kakampi ako, yung BF ng younger sister ko, kasi he has social awareness as well.

Dahil dun, pag nagpopost ako ng anything political sa socmed, naka-custom privacy para hindi nababasa ng family ko. :expressionless:

I don’t unfriend my DDS contacts, their posts were useful to observe trends. Di ko rin pinapatulan & instead, I would write a contradictory post na pasaring na lang sa kanila. Nakakaawa nga sila these days eh, wala sila gaanong pinopost lately :laughing::laughing::laughing:.

I did have the misfortune of dating a DDS from 2018-19, and I made it the most memorable year of her life :imp:

Same! :laugh: Although I seriously doubt how much good it does , as I’m sure many of them have unfollowed or muted my posts.

Exact same situation as me rn. I love them to bits but I cringe at their political stance. I recently had a convo with them on Digs but they could not answer me when I asked them why, despite what’s happening, they still chose to support the president.

Their kids are smart but still are DDS right now. The oldest would be on a rude awakening once he goes to senior high/college. Hopefully.

1 Like