Musicals

Favorite musical I have seen would probably be Les Miserables, which I saw once at the West End and twice here. I like it because of the familiarity of the story and most of the book, from the Work Song to Do You Hear the People Sing (Reprise).

I haven’t seen Hamilton live yet, so that’s on top of my list.

It’s hard to pick just one song, though, so here’s a list of seven that I can never tire of hearing;

1. For Good (Wicked)
  2. I’ll Cover You (Reprise) (Rent)
  3. Little Fall of Rain (Les Miserables)
  4. Burn (Hamilton)
  5. She Used to Be Mine (Waitress) - Prefer the versions by Shoshana Bean and Alison Luff
  6. Days and Days (Fun Home)
  7. Take Me or Leave Me (Rent)

I haven’t seen too many local shows, but I think Eto Na! MUSICAL nAPO! > Sa Wakas > Ang Huling El Bimbo.

The second run of Huling El Bimbo was better than the first, but I still can’t get past the casting of Jon Santos into the show.

1 Like

Pasingit lang, kasi streaming to for the next two days lang yata:

Nood kayo. :smile:

1 Like

^Hope they also do the same for Rak of Aegis :blush:

No hate, I was just expecting a Reb-Tanya lead since their voices are in the album. Bibo-Joy, let’s see!

Are they showing the 1st run? Heard a lot about the re-runs being better. Hindi si Jon Santos ang napanood ko (mejo off nga).

Update: I prefer Reb-Tanya to Bibo-Gab. Jon Santos and Menchu - hindi bagay sa kanila ang role.

1 Like

I agree. Magaling naman talaga si Menchu Lauchengco, given na ‘yun. Pero miscast talaga siya dito.

1 Like

I had the chance to see Miss Saigon sa Broadway. Was lucky to see Eva Noblezada and Rachel Ann Go, pero di si Jon Jon Briones ang nakasalang as Engineer. It was good, and nakakaproud to see Filipino talent getting standing ovations.

During Wednesday matinee, I had a choice between On Your Feet (I won sa lottery for a discount) and Kinky Boots (walang discount). I chose the latter, and it was SO worth it. Apart from walang insert yung playbill (which means all the main cast will be performing, walang understudies. playing Charlie was Brandon Urie of Panic! at the Disco), got really great seats. Favorite ko sa Kinky Boots yung “Land of Lola”, “History of Wrong Guys” and “Raise You Up/Just Be”. I wanted to catch the local production of Kinky Boots, just to compare.

Sa local, Rak of Aegis was really good. Yung Huling El Bimbo was also okay, got all the UP feels.

:wow: Kinky Boots na, Brandon Urie pa! Nice. Wanted to see Kinky Boots here pero di ko inabutan.

On topic: any online musicals you can reco? Please share.:slightly_smiling_face:

On topic ulit: daughter just told me Hamilton might be shared soon

July 03.

So there’s a chance we’d get to watch it a few days after :winking:

Sana ibalik nila yung Katy - Minsan ang Minahal ay Ako