Health Food/Diet

What app would you recommend to count calories?

@nonongataviadojr coz low carb ako, i use stupid simple keto

From experience, MyFitnessPal has a great database. Even Filipino brands meron. If you have the mobile app, you can also just scan the barcode at siya na bahala mag-input ng calorie values if I recall correctly. Only tried their Android app pero may iOS at web app din sila.

2 Likes

@nonongataviadojr MyFitness Pal din gamit ko. Halos kumpleto sya.

I substituted Quinoa for white rice.
Hard boiled egg and avocado for breakfast and a banana
As much as possible control carb intake.

2 Likes

When I was living alone abroad, madaling magdecide to eat healthy. In 2013, nag-no rice ako, just had a meal a day and exercised like crazy. Kinaya ko naman. I also take better options with my diet: always have veggies when I eat, wheat bread instead of white bread, fruits instead of sweets, nuts instead of chips. I do have my cheat days during weekends, and I don’t deprive myself when I crave something. Pero ang cravings ko din, healthy (like, naghahanap ako ng salad)!

When I returned to Manila and now living with family, you have to consider people living with you–yung may nagluluto for you, they want you to eat with them during mealtimes. Portion control na lang ginagawa ko, and luckily, the family eats red rice, so that’s good fiber.

2 Likes

Do you know any recipe for quinoa? Aside sa pang-salad?

1 Like

@cloud_pillow isn’t quinoa used as rice substitute? A friend usually uses it for her siningag

1 Like

Oo, usually rice substitute siya.

Hindi ako nagra-rice ngayon pero gusto ko subukan yung quinoa not as a rice substitute but like a meal. Hehe. Labo ko ba? Nag-download ako ng book about quinoa recipes pero ang hirap hanapin ng ibang ingredients.

2 Likes

If you’re looking for rice substitute, try caulirice. Fave ko siya gawing fried caulirice.

May shirataki rice din pero di ko pa natry.

2 Likes

@cloud_pillow Here Quinoa recipes

1 Like

Inggit na inggit ako sa mga payat kahit malakas kumain.

On: Corn for good bowel activity

1 Like

@BeachPatrol Ok naman shirataki rice. Parang small pebbles haha. I use it to make low carb arrozcaldo.
IMG_20200603_201537_691

What are your thoughts dun sa mga goji berries etc?

2 Likes

Uy ngayon ko lang nakita. Salamat!