That one film that changed your life forever

Mine is Portrait of a Lady on Fire. It’s been 4 months na since I first saw this film and I still can’t move on. I could talk for hours about this movie… for every line, every scene is essential. How it tackles equality, solidarity, and intimacy in a very exquisite way just blows my mind every time I watch it. I thought no one could create a perfect film… but then there is the great Céline Sciamma.

2 Likes

Under The Tuscan Sun

at kahit ilang beses ko panoorin ganun pa rin effect saken inspiring much

2 Likes

The Lord of Rings Trilogy (Extended Cut)

• made me appreciate film making in general

Pulp Fiction

• made me appreciate the power of narrative style and dialogues

Cloud Atlas

• this is just awesome from start to finish
3 Likes

Dead poets society. Ang abata pa ni ethan hawke dito. saka gattaca :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Netflix’ The Platform

Social strata + inequality+ gender issues + gluttony atbp

1 Like

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Napanood ko nung mga panahong on the rocks yung seven-year relationship ko. broke up with the person the following month. kaya sobrang affected ako sa movie.

6 Likes

Paborito ko rin to! Would you do it though? Kung pwede talaga makalimot ng ganun?

Haven’t seen this one yet pero nasa listahan ko na.:blush:

that time? yes :smiley: pero ngayon, hindi na.

Ako never siguro. Kahit gano kasakit, gusto ko maalala lahat haha! Para di na maulit. Charot.

Men In Black - from that day on, I swore I will never be a third wheel :embarasslaff:

2 Likes

hulaan nyo

7 Likes

Hahahahahaha!!! Mano, ninong.

Madami, hindi kaya one lang and due to various reasons (doesn’t necessarily follow that they’re technically good). :embarasslaff:

Good Will Hunting
Chungking Express
Magnolia
Lost in Translation
Before Sunrise
Waking Life
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
One Day
Warm Bodies

2 Likes

The Godfather

Hindi naman one yan eh. :rofl:

Pero mahirap nga naman i-limit. Yung eternal sunshine tumatak sa akin yan noon.

Pero ang choice ko:
With Honors.

Gustong-gusto ko lang yung character ni Joe Pesci dun, saka ayos talaga sya na actor.

3 Likes

OMG pareho tayo, kaya din yan memorable sa akin dahil dun sa 7-year relationship ko noon.

Ang hirap ng one lang eh. I’ve lived and died in this life so many times. And when you love films as much as a drama princess like me does, it can’t be helped. :embarasslaff:

Pero matindi nga iyang Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Painful to watch even now. :lol:

2 Likes

Hahahaha! Sorry na po. For me kasi medyo clear at napaka recent nung napanood ko yung fave film of all time ko… kaya one tuloy nalagay.:joy: But it can be more than one of course… the more the happier.:blush:

True… napaka eternal talaga ng film na yun. Lang kupas.:blush: