PSEi in COVID-19

PSEi climbs to 5,500 points amid reports of COVID-19 peaking in the hardest hit countries. Are we going to have a V- or U-shaped recovery? Has the market reached the bottom? Share your market outlook insights here.

2 Likes

bumili na ako (mostly food and conglomerates) kasi imagine JFC below 100,. pero cash pa rin mostly portfolio ko. i still hold on to cash in exchange for some price na pinalampas ko, kasi hindi ko pa tantya kung san ako pupulutin afte the ECQ :shrug:

7 Likes

Mostly conglo yung nakaka-adapt maraming medium/emerging na struggling at mawawala unles they align sa strategies ng mga MNEs/MNCs and large companies which is to look for business opportuninites sa wellness/health, renewable energy, food/agri basically mga industries na “essential” as defined by government

2 Likes

I have no opinion on the stock market but I remember asking @arwen about the stock market during the 2008 crash. Parang nakalma ko sa sinabi mo nun, di ko lang matandaan kung ano sinabi mo sa akin haha.

1 Like

Napaisip naman ako ano sinabi ko :rotflmao:

It’s always a cycle naman, boom and bust. What goes up yada yada. Matagal na rin naman yun bull market so keribels.

1 Like

I bought a few hundred JFC at 100 last week. It’s 120 now. It’s the best time to invest. Blue chips at less than half the price. Sabi nga ni uncle Warren, be greedy when others are fearful. If you’re a long term investor, there is nothing to worry about. On the contrary, this is when fortunes are made.

6 Likes

I see this is also a good time to practice day-trading to those who have been holding back, less risky compared to regular/ pre-Covid days… any loss will be good for long-term investment anyway, no way but up!

3 Likes

Nag-iipon to buy more blue chips. :slight_smile:

Bago lang ako colfin and medyo low risk pa attitude ko. Pero after ko magbasa dito parang gusto ko mamili pa. Hehe

2 Likes

I use COL Financial too. And BDO Nomura. But COL is more user-friendly plus they have free seminars and online materials if you want to learn more. :aprub:

3 Likes

Naaliw nga ako meron sila webinar this ECQ. Madali lang din naman navigate site nila. Yung pagpili lang kung alin stocks ang natututunan over time, I think.

Wishing na sana eto yung mga bagay na tinuro nung college. And taxes.

3 Likes

Apir! COL rin ako, but mainly because madali mag transfer from BPI. And April Tan is kind of a bad ass (in a world of male brokers and RAs)

2 Likes

True. One of my regrets is not learning how to invest earlier because time is money. Most Filipinos are not financially literate. In other countries, it’s standard for citizens to have savings, insurance, and investments.

4 Likes

The vaccine would be available after a year pa, so until that time we can’t say that the situation is already stable. If I have extra funds that I won’t need for 2-3 yrs, I’d buy blue chip stocks with high dividends (GMA, AP, TEL) since my strategy is dividend investing. But for now, I’m saving cash just to prepare in case mawalan ng work. Ang dami kong loans na kailangan bayaran! :lol: .

But still keeping my monthly investment in ETF, binawasan ko lang ang amount. Mas safe para sa akin ang ETF since it’s tracking the exchange and for sure it will recover in 2-3 years. Though my ETF is an overseas fund (not PSE). It gives me 4% dividend per annum. May PhilEquity ETF which tracks PSEI pero wala ako masyado feedback. Parang mababa ata dividends.

1 Like

Agree!

Nag attend ako dati ng free seminar ng COL sa Tektite kasi maganda daw mga ushers, at masarap yung sandwich :lol:

1 Like

Start looking at other indices that rate sustainable and responsible companies because that’s where investments will be going post-COVID, revenues will be dictated by enterprises that do more in preserving life and the environment

2 Likes

Curious ako sa mga nag i invest ng USD / third ccy funds - di ba na e erode ng exchange rate ang gains nyo?

1 Like

FOMO lang ba talaga or sobraaaaaang mura ng blue chips?
Is it the best time to buy them?

Those prices are still going to drop, but start focusing on the conglos that are pivoting and adapting to COVID related opportunities

1 Like

Lumipad na si JFC, but still relatively cheap

2 Likes