Nuggets of Wisdom

Sorry for the trite title :laugh: It’s pithy so it serves the purpose of a thread title.
I just want to see if you have come across any powerful epiphanies or nuggets of life lessons that you think changed the way you viewed something in a radical or significant way.

For me, these thoughts imparted by my Negotiations coach:

1. The first thing you do when you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging.
  2. Do not be fooled by the concept of “sunk costs”. Time, resources, money you have spent previously are now gone. Move on from that and don’t keep doing something if it no longer serves your purpose. Cut your losses as early as you can.
6 Likes

“Boys throw stones at frogs in fun, but the frogs do not die in fun, but in earnest.”

Trolling may be fun for the trolls but it is rarely harmless and tolerance of it has resulted in the ruin of countless communities. It derails conversations and makes people feel unsafe.

3 Likes

3 Likes

^ :rotflmao:

I think I may subscribe to that mantra.

Listen to that small voice.

2 Likes

Got this from Austin Kleon :smiley:

4 Likes

Rise by lifting others.

2 Likes

A quote I chanced upon during college years. Sakto sa impulsive teenage behavior :hihi:

The things we regret in life are the things we did not take. So if you find something that will make you happy, grab it with both hands and to hell with the consequences.

Nowadays, ang tawag dito, zefo f*cks given. :lol:

5 Likes

Never make decisions when you’re mad and sad.
Never make promises when you’re happy.

My mentor taught me this mantra:
232913f2478c0b892327208eba168d3a

2 Likes

“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” :fist:t4:

It’s commonly attributed to Thomas Jefferson but has also been attributed to Henry David Thoreau.

1 Like

Bilang napapag usapan ang stocks…

Strike the iron while it’s hot.

Or ang walang kamatayang…

Time is gold.

2 Likes

One of my bosses said this: “budget the highest expression of policy. if there’s no budget, its not policy”

Another boss gave me a magnet from NASA: “failure is not an option”.

1 Like

From my boss too: When all else fails, you rely on the relationship you’ve built (some call it emotional bank account)

1 Like

Unconscious people – and many remain unconscious, trapped in their egos throughout their lives – will quickly tell you who they are: their name, their occupation, their personal history, the shape or state of their body, and whatever else they identify with.” - Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth

2 Likes