How's your MERALCO bill for the month (May 2020)?

Last month’s bill was 300. We just moved and the unit was empty before that so I guess that pulled down our average. Pero mataas na ang 1k sa consumption patterns namin. Imagine our surprise when we received this month’s bill and it’s 5k+.

I explained it away by saying na baka dahil we’re using the AC more for the past two months. So that would make our usage about 2500 per month which looks kind of reasonable. Now, I’m not so sure anymore. Just talked to a friend and their bill for the month is 16k. Their usual bill is 4-5k and they work from home most of the time so there wasn’t a drastic change in their electricity consumption.

Medyo marami na din akong nakikitang reklamo sa Twitter.

https://twitter.com/search?q=Meralco%20bill&s=09

Anyone else have an outrageously high bill this month? Or reasonable naman bill niyo?

2 Likes

Shookt. :horrified:

Double our usual. But i don’t know what’s reasonable anymore. The past two months were the first times that all of us are home 24/7. Kaya mahirap magcompare.

Kung hindi ko binayaran yung April bill, baka lalo akong nabaliw sa bill ngayon.

1 Like

For the past few months, we only used the AC about two hour so per day. Only started using it for about eight hours at a time around three weeks ago or so. I don’t think it would explain the sudden surge in our consumption. I’m starting to think they never checked the meters and just made rather unreasonable projections.

Screenshot_20200513-164658-01

I DMed Meralco Twitter about my electric bill. I had to question din kasi I left my condo in the Metro during ECQ pero yung bill amount was as if I was there. Nagreply naman sila the same day and told me na estimation basis pa rin daw yung bill ko.

Madali lang naman sila icontact, just give them your Service Identification Number and Address. Ok lang na hindi nyo itweet publicly. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think people are pissed because of the absence of transparency. Their projections are sometimes way off and those have real financial consequences for people.

Sang channel mo sila kinontact? :open_mouth: I saw people complaining na ambagal nila daw magreply. Bumilis lang when people made noise sa Twitter.

Personally I’d rather not rant on Twitter din but it works. It’s hard to fault people for using it against corporations :sweat_smile: (though hindi ka pa inaway ang MERALCO on this :rofl: Still gathering more data)

Explanation from Meralco

2 Likes

Thanks! Medyo mas reasonable bill namin kesa iba actually. Though I find it hard to dismiss yung bills ng iba na walang significant change sa usage pero sobrang taas ng bills. Hopefully maresolve siya soon.

Binayaran ko naman ang bill nung March and April, yun yung based sa average consumption in the last 3 months di ba? Next reading sa May 25 pa, not sure kung makakaread na sila or estimation pa rin. Expecting it to be a bit higher kasi syempre maghapon sa bahay and gabi gabi nakabukas AC. Average ko naman dati every summer eh around Php2.3K - 2.8K.

1 Like

DM lang diretso sa Twitter. Preface na with your concern about the bill then give the SIN and address in one message.

1 Like

“There is no truth to P4Ps allegation of high power rates during this period. In fact, consumers’ electricity for May bills were carefully and fairly calculated based on the result of the ‘actual kWh consumption’ from the current meter reading, with adjustments already reflected, coming from the estimated consumption done during the ECQ period.”

1 Like

Just got ours today. Almost triple our usual bill pero kind of expected. Bukas aircon, electric fan, nakasaksak dalawang laptops, tatlong mobile phones, bukas TV halos buong araw, rice cooker pa. :dunno:

1 Like

we looked into the meralco app dahil sa tip na napulot dito.
our current dues didn’t seem sketchy. roughly the same ballpark of what we’d usually pay.

:wiggle: glad for that at least

1 Like

apartment complex from 15k to 22k in a month. condo unit from 1.5k to 4.5k so i don’t think this is correct at all. did they even do any reading?

1 Like

So I just learned how much power my AC uses and how much it costs me monthly so I made this AC cost calculator so you can compute yours and just be shocked as I am :laughing: Comments are most welcome :smiley:

2jwV9l0t42

Conclusion: Mukhang tama naman yung bill ng MERALCO samin for May. Tumaas talaga usage namin ng AC.

1 Like

medyo badtrip nga lang na may around php50 na fee for paying online.
as in, magbabayad na nga, may patong pa.

the NERD!
:hmph:

3 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 8.46.36 AM

2 Likes

Our Meralco bill is giving me a headache right now. A little more than double than our usual amount due yung para sa April. And they’re only going to waive/refund the “convenience fee” of those who paid between March 16 and May 15 - dapat hanggang May 31 sana kasi naging MECQ naman. For the past half hour, I’ve been trying to pay using online banking and even tried bills payment via Grab pero puro error message na invalid daw :twak:

Edit: Transferred funds via online banking to (my newly created) Gcash account, only to find out that bills payment is unavailable until tomorrow - wala man lang notice or pop-up sa front page whew :angry:

1 Like

2 Likes

Damn. That sucks. Thanks for the heads up though. Hindi ko rin pala nabayaran yung samin. Buti na lang sa May 30 pa ang deadline.

Checked it online, relatively reasonable naman (actually, parang bumaba pa on the average, kasi parang for two months yung billing), considering dalawang laptops, bukas ang TV practically buong araw, may aircon na bukas 12 hours, tapos may electric fans kapag walang aircon, tapos ref and freezer, microwave, lights and mobile phones na nakacharge.

My dad says gusto nya munang makuha yung hardcopy ng bill namin before kami magbayad. Di naman siguro kami puputulan agad.

1 Like