Business & Finance Book (or Media Source) Recommendation List

drop your B&F recommendations here.

it’d help if you add some info as to why you feel that it’s a worthy read.
if may enough interest and related posts specific to that book lang, pwede naman gawan na ng sariling thread. pwedeng B&F book club :smiley:
otherwise, may “reply to post” feature na itong peyups.com forum borne from the first pandemic of the new millenium* na pwedeng gamitin to allow us to kinda lump together posts within a thread.

feel free to go as technical, simple, or as existential(?!?) with it :winking:

we’ll probably need a better catch phrase than that.

EDIT: made the title inclusive of all sources of information and knowledge. :wink: taking the cue from @UniquelyMe’s post.

Dahil iba-iba na nga naman ang means of digesting information.
So pasok na ang podcasts, YouTube channels, social media outlets, and others.

1 Like

a lot of things can be said about Kiyosaki’s filing for bankruptcy and allegations of hypocrisy.

but medyo nagka-epiphany ako when i first read his book.

i’m pretty sure na madaming taga-peyups (from my generation) ang oriented lang towards getting good grades, to get a good job.

sobrang shortsighted pala.

hindi lang applicable lahat sa Pinas yung lahat ng points niya. pero it was quite eye opening to me nga when i read it. hindi pala sweldo lang ang end all and be all

1 Like

here’s a classic book that i’ll probably have my kids read as soon as i think they’ll be able to handle it na

1 Like

The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Early Retirement - by Doug Norman - picked this one up from our base library - he was a Nuclear submariner who reached financial independence before even retiring from active duty. I learned about him when I used to lurk early-retirement.org forums and he was the resident military PF guru.

I Will Teach You To Be Rich - by Ramit Sethi - one of the first PF books I’ve read that got me started on automated savings.

The Simple Path To Wealth - by JL Collins - investing and personal finance shouldn’t be complicated. I’m a simple gal so this book spoke to me to the core. Get out of debt. Stop trying to beat the market. Index funds are key to financial success.

A Random Walk Down Wall Street - by Burton Malkiel - A classic. Best for novice PF investor who wants to understand fundamentals of how stock market works. Helped me write my financial plan/goals to keep it simple, low-cost, automatic and diversified.

How To Turn $100 into $1,000,000 - my oldest read this when she was 9 (she bought it on her own at her school’s Book Fair) and totally got why saving at a young age is important. Great book with easy to understand graphics. It has a nice introductory chapter on power of compound interest.

5 Likes

Thanks for this!

I’ll try and find a copy.
Been on the lookout for books that’ll nudge the kids towards better financial literacy.

2 Likes

My pleasure!

We really should start talking about financial literacy more as a society. It doesn’t benefit anyone but our employers if we don’t discuss wages, net worth, investments amongst ourselves.

2 Likes

Pwedeng mag recommend ng podcast/blog?

I like the “Afford Anything” podcast, and “Our Next Life” blog.

2 Likes

My gateway book to PF is Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover. We had debt and we reached the point that we were sick and tired of it so, did a bit of research, tried to read some books but this one got me hooked.

@UniquelyMe, naalala ko may discussion siya about “Keeping up with the Joneses” and this book came to mind when I saw your post in the Savings thread. :aprub:

My favourite line from the book goes like this: “Live like no one else so later you can live like no one else.” Kind of about delayed gratification, too.

3 Likes